3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

• zig11727
More
7 years 1 month ago #881 by zig11727 Replied by zig11727 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Thank you
SuperDepth3D_1.9.5_AO_WIP.fx

@BlueSkyKnight
Would it be possible to give the settings for Dark Souls 3 ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: min0791

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #882 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

zig11727 wrote: Thank you
SuperDepth3D_1.9.5_AO_WIP.fx

@BlueSkyKnight
Would it be possible to give the settings for Dark Souls 3 ?

Try dm 4 or 19

I am still updating the shader a update should be up in a bit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zig11727

• zig11727
More
7 years 1 month ago #883 by zig11727 Replied by zig11727 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
With the SuperDepth3D_1.9.5_AO_WIP.fx Dark Souls 3 looks excellent DM 4.

Thanks again,

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #884 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Keep in mind the shaders in experimental folder may change a lot. But, I will try not to change main settings unless I have too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 weeks ago - 7 years 4 weeks ago #885 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
So testing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Depth Map is accessible at 720p DM6

Too bad it's only 720p...........

Game runs like at 10-15FPS anyways

But still may be possible to play this game in 3D when the bugs are ironed out.
Last edit: 7 years 4 weeks ago by BlueSkyKnight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus, zig11727

• x8009
More
7 years 4 weeks ago #886 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote: So testing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Depth Map is accessible at 720p DM6

Too bad it's only 720p...........

Game runs like at 10-15FPS anyways

But still may be possible to play this game in 3D when the bugs are ironed out.

How do you play the nintendo game on pc ?!

• otherman
More
7 years 4 weeks ago #887 by otherman Replied by otherman on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote: How do you play the nintendo game on pc ?!

With Cemu, a WiiU emulator (actual version is 1.7.3d), but Zelda BOTW is a mess of bugs for now. Wait to 9 April for Cemu 1.7.4 for a far better compatibility.

• mr_spongeworthy
More
7 years 4 weeks ago #888 by mr_spongeworthy Replied by mr_spongeworthy on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
In my occasional quest to be of at least minimal help; I recently tested SuperDepth3D with Mass Effect 1. No luck. It looks your shader is getting no depth-map information from the game itself except (and this is weird???) certain UI elements.

• zig11727
More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #889 by zig11727 Replied by zig11727 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
@mr_spongeworthy

I have a feeling all Unreal 3 engine games have problems with the shader.
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by zig11727.

• ZapaL
More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #890 by ZapaL Replied by ZapaL on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I figured out how the shader works. Read the link, how it works in Сrysis 2.
There was a question. Why is the displacement calculated only from the "x" coordinate? If you play in the HMD, then the shift of the eyes along the "y" coordinate is large, and it must also be taken into account.
DepthL =  min(DepthL , tex2D(SamplerCDM , float2(texcoord.x + uv.x * pix.x , texcoord.y)).r);
You can represent the displacement as a vector. Calculate the length of the vector. Save the shortest displacement vector by xy and apply it.

Sorry for my English.
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by ZapaL.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #891 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

ZapaL wrote: I figured out how the shader works. Read the link, how it works in Сrysis 2.
There was a question. Why is the displacement calculated only from the "x" coordinate? If you play in the HMD, then the shift of the eyes along the "y" coordinate is large, and it must also be taken into account.

DepthL =  min(DepthL , tex2D(SamplerCDM , float2(texcoord.x + uv.x * pix.x , texcoord.y)).r);
You can represent the displacement as a vector. Calculate the length of the vector. Save the shortest displacement vector by xy and apply it.

Sorry for my English.

I don't have rotational information from the HMD for this.

Also I want to add when viewing 3D on a monitor this is unnecessary since we don't have 4 eyes stacked on top of each other. This strictly speaking of 3D on a normal 3D monitor.

But, yes if you mod Reshade to accept gyroscopic data from any HMD then I will be able to work with HMD better.
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• mr_spongeworthy
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #892 by mr_spongeworthy Replied by mr_spongeworthy on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

zig11727 wrote: @mr_spongeworthy

I have a feeling all Unreal 3 engine games have problems with the shader.

Ah, I think that explains Life is Strange also. Too bad, but not a big deal in the greater scheme of things!

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #893 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
www.tridef.com/products/vr

Interesting read seems like Tri-Def is releasing some VR software. But, it's lock down to MSI hardware. Maybe my shader can be used with this.

I will try this once I get my MSI Mobo.

• x8009
More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #894 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote: www.tridef.com/products/vr

Interesting read seems like Tri-Def is releasing some VR software. But, it's lock down to MSI hardware. Maybe my shader can be used with this.

Also available to play with Playstation VR - With your shader, I don't know why he used the SuperDepth Reprojection , also Tridef and Vaprox .
New Tridef version in case everyone missed
TriDef 3D Ignition 3.9.19 Beta 1
www.tridef.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6977

Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by x8009.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus

• 6andanamama
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #895 by 6andanamama Replied by 6andanamama on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hi. I'm new to reshade and am tearing my hair out trying to get this mod to work. there's so many options to take in plus I don't notice any more depth as well when I change settings, so I'm assuming I am doing something wrong.

do only the games that are listed work for this? Most of the games I am trying to play are not on the list, and only give a white screen when I choose the "depth map on" setting - does that mean it's not compatible and there's nothing I can do to give it depth, or are other settings i can try tweaking? Also, is there a quick and easy way to find out if a specific game that is not on the compatibility list has a depth map you can use?

If that is not possible, i tried the "3d to else" mod mentioned earlier as well - from what i understand this is an alternative for games with no depth map, right? but i am having a hard time figuring out which settings to tweak, the screen just ends up looking deformed. could you give me an idea of what numbers to try for the important settings? A very simple guide for noobs would help so much. (I am using bigscreen beta when trying these games, performance is good but not much 3d effect.)

Also, do only 3D games work? Is there a way to give 2D games a "pop-out" effect, and if so could you suggest numbers for a generic starting point?

Thank you, hope i didn't ask too many questions! I hope you (or someone else who knows what he's doing) can give me some pointers, I think they would help out others just getting into reshade as well.

PS: Here are some of the games I would like to enhance with depth:

crypt of the necrodancer, freedom planet, ori and the blind forest, shovel knight, undertale, and, err, a 3d hentai game called honey select. I get a white screen on all of these when turning depth maps on.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #896 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote: www.tridef.com/products/vr

Also available to play with Playstation VR - With your shader, I don't know why he used the SuperDepth Reprojection , also Tridef and Vaprox .
New Tridef version in case everyone missed
TriDef 3D Ignition 3.9.19 Beta 1
www.tridef.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6977

Only thing I think is that guy got that one shader working so he keeped it. :P
Also that shader is in the Legacy folder has less options.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #897 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

6andanamama wrote: Hi. I'm new to reshade and am tearing my hair out trying to get this mod to work. there's so many options to take in plus I don't notice any more depth as well when I change settings, so I'm assuming I am doing something wrong.

What shader are you trying to use?

6andanamama wrote: do only the games that are listed work for this? Most of the games I am trying to play are not on the list, and only give a white screen when I choose the "depth map on" setting - does that mean it's not compatible and there's nothing I can do to give it depth, or are other settings i can try tweaking? Also, is there a quick and easy way to find out if a specific game that is not on the compatibility list has a depth map you can use?

Most game that give a depth map work. Not all games give one. The ones I listed on the GitHub are the ones I tested. Some other games are listed here on reshade main site. There are a lot of other games that I have not tested that do and do not work.

6andanamama wrote: If that is not possible, i tried the "3d to else" mod mentioned earlier as well - from what i understand this is an alternative for games with no depth map, right? but i am having a hard time figuring out which settings to tweak, the screen just ends up looking deformed. could you give me an idea of what numbers to try for the important settings? A very simple guide for noobs would help so much. (I am using bigscreen beta when trying these games, performance is good but not much 3d effect.)

3d to else shader was made for games that already have side by side 3D or something else. This shader was requested by some one long time ago to allow for more adjustment of tridef settings or some other 3D program. Also some VR games.

6andanamama wrote: Also, do only 3D games work? Is there a way to give 2D games a "pop-out" effect, and if so could you suggest numbers for a generic starting point?

Mostly only 3D games should work but there are some exceptions like like some 2D games do give a depth map. In cases like this I recommend using the Flash back shader. But, if a 2D game has a simple color pallet and stays relatively the same. Maybe I can add a fake pop affect for it. But, this would require a new shader.

6andanamama wrote: Thank you, hope i didn't ask too many questions! I hope you (or someone else who knows what he's doing) can give me some pointers, I think they would help out others just getting into reshade as well.

Ya I made a small youtube video like a quick how two on the first post of this page. I am not good at making youtube videos but it's there.

6andanamama wrote: PS: Here are some of the games I would like to enhance with depth:

crypt of the necrodancer, freedom planet, ori and the blind forest, shovel knight, undertale, and, err, a 3d hentai game called honey select. I get a white screen on all of these when turning depth maps on.

Ori and the blind forest: Tested; It gives depth map but.... some elements are missing.... So this one can't be done in the Traditional way.

Undertale: Maybe I can add pop to this one since it has a simple pallet. But, this will take time.

Crypt of the necrodancer: I am not sure about this one....

Freedom planet: I have to look in to it.

Honey select: I have to look in to it.

• mr_spongeworthy
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #898 by mr_spongeworthy Replied by mr_spongeworthy on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I'll be interested to hear your results with TriDef VR. Good news that! It says it will be widely available later in 2017, so that's good. I really hate exclusivity deals; all they do is screw the consumer.I'm trying to hold out for the second-gen VR equipment; I'm really sensitive to low-resolution screens (I can instantly tell if a cinema has one of those darn 2K digital projectors, for example), and I just don't think any of the current hardware is going to look crisp enough to me. (Although, for the price, maybe the PlayStation VR would be good enough to get started with...)

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #899 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

mr_spongeworthy wrote: I'll be interested to hear your results with TriDef VR. Good news that! It says it will be widely available later in 2017, so that's good. I really hate exclusivity deals; all they do is screw the consumer.I'm trying to hold out for the second-gen VR equipment; I'm really sensitive to low-resolution screens (I can instantly tell if a cinema has one of those darn 2K digital projectors, for example), and I just don't think any of the current hardware is going to look crisp enough to me. (Although, for the price, maybe the PlayStation VR would be good enough to get started with...)

Ya I feel the same about this.
I think I am going to have the 3 shaders and a separate barrel distortion shader maybe..................

That will work along with the first shader just for HMDs.

I am doing this to reduce work.

So now on git hub we have;

SuperDepth3D_1.9.5_AO_WIP

SuperDepth3D_Anaglyph_3D_1.9.5_AO_WIP

SuperDepth3D_FlashBack_1.9.5_AO_WIP

HMD Distortion shader will be worked on in the following days.

• x8009
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #900 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

mr_spongeworthy wrote: I'll be interested to hear your results with TriDef VR. Good news that! It says it will be widely available later in 2017, so that's good. I really hate exclusivity deals; all they do is screw the consumer.I'm trying to hold out for the second-gen VR equipment; I'm really sensitive to low-resolution screens (I can instantly tell if a cinema has one of those darn 2K digital projectors, for example), and I just don't think any of the current hardware is going to look crisp enough to me. (Although, for the price, maybe the PlayStation VR would be good enough to get started with...)

Ya I feel the same about this.
I think I am going to have the 3 shaders and a separate barrel distortion shader maybe..................

That will work along with the first shader just for HMDs.

I am doing this to reduce work.

So now on git hub we have;

SuperDepth3D_1.9.5_AO_WIP

SuperDepth3D_Anaglyph_3D_1.9.5_AO_WIP

SuperDepth3D_FlashBack_1.9.5_AO_WIP

HMD Distortion shader will be worked on in the following days.

Ye, please keep updaing the performance and quality of the Main shader for normal use SuperDepth3D with all the advanced options and best quality/performance as the main shader for all games.

And SuperDepth3D FlashBack for games which can't work with the normal shader and if you can improve it's performance/quality and new settings if possible.

And if we ever gonna use VR will we need to use the HMD Shader ? or we can still use the normal shader to have it work properly ?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.