3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #41 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Some Games Are just hard to get the Depth right and the Warping good. I am a Depth Sensitive person. If you ever go to the eye doctor and get a eye test they have a chart to tell you how sensitive you are to depth.

But, I get you. Fallout 4 been a pain in my side. And other game are just easy to get it too look good.

I made a new profile for Fallout 4. Here are the pictures. Different settings with Pop. The way this is done. Is that I allowed Pop to give you the Depth information from the back for the left eye. The right eye the information from New profile 14.
I also pushed up the perspective to around 4 for 15 Depth and 5 for 25 Depth. I do think I may need to change the Perspective to a floating point to get more fine control. Because, I think 4.5 Per and 20 depth may be a sweet spot.

Take a look at the images. Tell me what you think.

Around 25 you can really see warping. Pop 5

Around 15 you hardly see warping Pop 5

here it is with 20 depth and 4.5 pre Pop 5

imgur.com/bvaFbao.jpg

or you can leave per 0
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mr_spongeworthy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mr_spongeworthy
More
7 years 9 months ago #42 by mr_spongeworthy Replied by mr_spongeworthy on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Wow! What a difference between the new version you are working on and the old one. Those look very good to me. To me, the ones at 25 do indeed look like they have a lot of distortion (notice the ground "hump" just ahead of the player POV). AND, at least to my eyes, those have greatly exaggerated depth. (But, equipment and eyes vary...)

The next set, at 15, look much better to me. Less ground humping, and still plenty of overall depth.

I would play with the 3.0beta version, but I downloaded the installer, got to the point where it asks me to choose a game to install to, and then it just sits there forever (in other words, the 3.0beta won't install it's files to my Fallout 4 folder, but instead just sits in an infinite loop of "doing nothing" while claiming to install.)

I check this thread almost daily now, so as soon as I can one of the betas to install (or maybe once there is a final release). I will be happy to test these in-game as well.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #43 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

mr_spongeworthy wrote: Wow! What a difference between the new version you are working on and the old one. Those look very good to me. To me, the ones at 25 do indeed look like they have a lot of distortion (notice the ground "hump" just ahead of the player POV). AND, at least to my eyes, those have greatly exaggerated depth. (But, equipment and eyes vary...)

The next set, at 15, look much better to me. Less ground humping, and still plenty of overall depth.

I would play with the 3.0beta version, but I downloaded the installer, got to the point where it asks me to choose a game to install to, and then it just sits there forever (in other words, the 3.0beta won't install it's files to my Fallout 4 folder, but instead just sits in an infinite loop of "doing nothing" while claiming to install.)

I check this thread almost daily now, so as soon as I can one of the betas to install (or maybe once there is a final release). I will be happy to test these in-game as well.

Ya this game like I said has been a pain in my side to get working well. This game and MW:Advance warfare. Keep in mind I am still working on the Shader when I am able too. May be best to wait for the full release of 3.0 since Both his and my shader are still being worked on.

• crosire
More
7 years 9 months ago #44 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

mr_spongeworthy wrote: I would play with the 3.0beta version, but I downloaded the installer, got to the point where it asks me to choose a game to install to, and then it just sits there forever (in other words, the 3.0beta won't install it's files to my Fallout 4 folder, but instead just sits in an infinite loop of "doing nothing" while claiming to install.)

The installer does nothing more than copying the DLL and renaming it, you can do that manually too, it's for convenience only. Also, would be great to report such things so they can be fixed, although in this case it sounds like you may have missed the UAC warning popping up after selecting the game executable?

• mr_spongeworthy
More
7 years 9 months ago #45 by mr_spongeworthy Replied by mr_spongeworthy on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hmmmm. Could be the UAC thing. I'll try it again sometime soon.

• Proxish
More
7 years 9 months ago #46 by Proxish Replied by Proxish on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hey BlueSkyKnight, I have a quick question.
How do you fix the aspect ratio? I'm using an OSVR 1.2, and just like your screenshots, in-game at 1920x1080, the games are stretched out.

Did I miss an instruction somewhere? Or am I just supposed to lower the resolution to account for the stretching?

• mr_spongeworthy
More
7 years 9 months ago #47 by mr_spongeworthy Replied by mr_spongeworthy on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Out of curiosity, do we have any time-frame for the public release of the ReShade 3.0 framework? If we are talking months, maybe I'll try alpha/beta again. If we are talking a few weeks I'll just wait and install it when it's in a reasonably final form.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #48 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Proxish wrote: Hey BlueSkyKnight, I have a quick question.
How do you fix the aspect ratio? I'm using an OSVR 1.2, and just like your screenshots, in-game at 1920x1080, the games are stretched out.

Did I miss an instruction somewhere? Or am I just supposed to lower the resolution to account for the stretching?

For Right Now I am working on improving depth in my Shader befor moving on to adding VR Distortion. So maybe in week or two or Three.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proxish

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #49 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

mr_spongeworthy wrote: Out of curiosity, do we have any time-frame for the public release of the ReShade 3.0 framework? If we are talking months, maybe I'll try alpha/beta again. If we are talking a few weeks I'll just wait and install it when it's in a reasonably final form.

I Have been working on the Depth and Distortion in my Shader. So far It's been good. Once I made changes I have to Do over most of The Depth maps. So this takes Time. I am also going to add a way to adjust two depth maps so you can make your own in real time. So people can share on here a Depth Map Values.

I think the New Code is a little easier on GPUs So I had to adjust for frame rate. I removed Pop for now and moving that too the bottom of the priority list.

So give to this weekend to release the Shader.

• crosire
More
7 years 9 months ago #50 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

mr_spongeworthy wrote: Out of curiosity, do we have any time-frame for the public release of the ReShade 3.0 framework? If we are talking months, maybe I'll try alpha/beta again. If we are talking a few weeks I'll just wait and install it when it's in a reasonably final form.

Could take a while. There is a lot going on in my personal life right now. So you might as well try it out now. It's working reasonably good and there are a few shaders from 2.0 ported to 3.0 already on the GitHub repository.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pondural, mr_spongeworthy

• nieda113
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #51 by nieda113 Replied by nieda113 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hi, is that the latest release for reshade 3.0 :Super DepthMap v1.5.6 *WIP* www.mediafire.com/download/tft4o53k991r2...epthMap_3D_v1.5.6.7z

if not where ist the download?
THX
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by nieda113.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #52 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

nieda113 wrote: Hi, is that the latest release for reshade 3.0 :Super DepthMap v1.5.6 *WIP* www.mediafire.com/download/tft4o53k991r2...epthMap_3D_v1.5.6.7z

if not where ist the download?
THX

It will be on Git Hub. github.com/BlueSkyDefender/Depth3D

Right now I am almost done. I need to finish the Depth maps for the new update. 14 more games too go out of the 30+ takes time. I also in this update I will add a way to customize your own Depth map in game. So if you don't like a depth map I made then you can make your own for a game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nieda113, mr_spongeworthy

• Sh1nRa358
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #53 by Sh1nRa358 Replied by Sh1nRa358 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Sh1nRa358 wrote: does each setting have a hotkey counterpart to increase/decrease values? if not, it could definitely benefit by lots by having them. I know from my experience with 3dvision that it is very awesome to be able to control 3D while still being able to look at the picture on the fly and how awfully tedious it is when games had the 3D settings in their options menu instead and you'd have to keep going back and forth wasting alot of time and by the time you were done configuring, you didn't even feel like playing the game anymore.

Reshade 3.0 has the configuration menu in game. So in the next release You will be able to to change the setting in game. Also click on New at the top of the page and click on 3.0 progress so you can add that too your experience.

Keep in mind I am tied to what Reshade does. Also if you don't like something you can change the shader to how you like.

or wait.......

ok, thanks. was just asking because I haven't tried it yet but it was something I could see using when I get a headset. I'm just seeing this now lol.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Sh1nRa358.

• mr_spongeworthy
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #54 by mr_spongeworthy Replied by mr_spongeworthy on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Sounds great. I'm going to give it a try again soon. I got the 3.0beta to install next time around no problem, but so far haven't gotten it to recognize your SuperDepth3D.fx file just by putting it in the default directory with FO4 (ReShade 3.0 Tutorial mode suggests that it should recognize the file there automatically... but I'll try typing in the full path soon.

Is there a quick set of instructions for the ReShade 3.0 framework anywhere? The on-screen tutorial makes it look easy, but I guess I must be doing something wrong...

By any chance have you guys tested the 3.0 OSD for compatibility with other post-processing software (TriDef, Vireio, Vorpx?). I ask because injectors like those can have problems with anything that tries drawing on-screen (even the Steam overlay breaks some games; Fraps often does too...). Just a thought...

I'll check it with TriDef just as soon as I can actually get it working!
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by mr_spongeworthy.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #55 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
SuperDepth3D *Update* v1.6.5 for Reshade 3.0 Is now up on Git Hub.

github.com/BlueSkyDefender/Depth3D
Follow and contribute if you know how to code HLSL here.

You can download at this Link.
github.com/BlueSkyDefender/Depth3D/archive/master.zip

Keep in mind you will Need Reshade 3.0 for this Shader to work. Also the File "ReShade.fxh," Needs to be along side this Shader.

New Features added Custom Depth Map One and Two. Adjust your own depth map in game. If you don't like How I Set the Basic 20, you can make your own. Use Near and Far to adjust them.

Perspective Has been Boosted to 25. Make sure you set this for each game. Everyone Eyes are Different.

Depth Default Is now set to 25.

Warp Adjust was also added.

Pop was removed will be reworked later.

Next Update will be a built in VR barrel distortion. No estimated time on this one. I am going to enjoy some free time first.

I also Repacked it with Crosire's v3.0 Beta
www.mediafire.com/download/u1xovwkz7yo23...3D_v1.6.5_Repack.zip

Please follow Crosire at github.com/crosire

After this release have patience. ^_^
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, Proxish, mr_spongeworthy

• mr_spongeworthy
More
7 years 9 months ago #56 by mr_spongeworthy Replied by mr_spongeworthy on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Thank you. I've downloaded the Repack version and will give it a shot, hopefully tonight.

• Proxish
More
7 years 9 months ago #57 by Proxish Replied by Proxish on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Fantastic work. I cannot wait for the built in VR Barrel Distortion.

As soon as that is out, if you don't mind, I'd like to make a tutorial on your program so people know how to use it, and so that the word for it can spread a little.

• mr_spongeworthy
More
7 years 9 months ago #58 by mr_spongeworthy Replied by mr_spongeworthy on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Just spent about an hour playing with this and I have to say you've done a stellar job. Again, I'm only using it for FO4 at this point as everything else I play still works through TriDef for true 3D, so my input might be less useful that that of people using it for a wider range of games. I've put together a reasonably good P3D profile for FO4 that you can easily locate on the TriDef forums if you are interested in seeing how that works for you and compare what your shaders look like as opposed to TriDef Power 3D (look in Forums under Profiles - (I'm mr_spongeworthy on that board also)).

Quick observations:

- I can very much see why you originally had so little depth in FO4. Just like with TriDef, I have to ruthlessly limit the amount of 3D. About the most I can get either way is 15 before the distortion is unacceptable.
- Overall, distortion in your shaders is more obvious at the middle-range (looking at a companion in first person view when they are, say, 30 feet away from you), whereas TriDef distortion is more obvious with close-up objects (considerable halo-effect around guns, for example).
- Your method is MUCH kinder to the UI than TriDef, which makes certain parts (trading menus) very hard to read. UI looks perfect with yours.

That's as far as I've gotten so far. I'm extremely busy with work currently, but I hope to be able to post a few comparison shots looking at your shaders vs. tridef (not in a "one is better" way; just in a "let's compare where the good bits and bad bits of both are, in hopes of eventually coming up with a solution with all the strengths of both without the weaknesses of either.")

Thanks again for this hard work. It's truly appreciated.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #59 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

mr_spongeworthy wrote: Just spent about an hour playing with this and I have to say you've done a stellar job. Again, I'm only using it for FO4 at this point as everything else I play still works through TriDef for true 3D, so my input might be less useful that that of people using it for a wider range of games. I've put together a reasonably good P3D profile for FO4 that you can easily locate on the TriDef forums if you are interested in seeing how that works for you and compare what your shaders look like as opposed to TriDef Power 3D (look in Forums under Profiles - (I'm mr_spongeworthy on that board also)).

Quick observations:

- I can very much see why you originally had so little depth in FO4. Just like with TriDef, I have to ruthlessly limit the amount of 3D. About the most I can get either way is 15 before the distortion is unacceptable.
- Overall, distortion in your shaders is more obvious at the middle-range (looking at a companion in first person view when they are, say, 30 feet away from you), whereas TriDef distortion is more obvious with close-up objects (considerable halo-effect around guns, for example).
- Your method is MUCH kinder to the UI than TriDef, which makes certain parts (trading menus) very hard to read. UI looks perfect with yours.

That's as far as I've gotten so far. I'm extremely busy with work currently, but I hope to be able to post a few comparison shots looking at your shaders vs. tridef (not in a "one is better" way; just in a "let's compare where the good bits and bad bits of both are, in hopes of eventually coming up with a solution with all the strengths of both without the weaknesses of either.")

Thanks again for this hard work. It's truly appreciated.

Thank you for the Feed back. Ya It's good to Have feed back on the stuff you work on. To be honest. I would like some one with more knowledge to help me code this and make it better. Hardest problem is getting the distortion down to a min.

BackĀ·ground
and
Foreground

Are hard to get looking good. Some games it Just Works. In others..... Not so much.

*Big Update*....... I got Left and Right Eye Warping working....... Will Publish that update today sometime or tomorrow.. This is good because. With Left and Right eye warping working I can halve the warping in both eyes and up the Separation.

Less Warping = Cleaner picture less artifacts and a lot less GPU load even if doing both eyes

More Separation = More Depth.....

So wait till 1.7...............

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #60 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Proxish wrote: Fantastic work. I cannot wait for the built in VR Barrel Distortion.

As soon as that is out, if you don't mind, I'd like to make a tutorial on your program so people know how to use it, and so that the word for it can spread a little.

Wait Till v1.7.1 I say this because v1.7.1 I am going to take a other look at all the depth maps again :P........ Since I got Left and Right eye Warping working. This will help with the quality of the Shader.

Also You may want to do a tutorial on how to use Git Hub. Because, repacking things is a pain. If you the People here Start to use Git Hub I can publish a update. With out repacking things. Git Hub makes it easier on us programmers. To work on and with people.

This is also important because Git Hub lets me push updates to my Shader. So say some one find a problem with a game depth map or has improved my shader or even has made a better custom Depth Map. Well I can update me Shader there at one spot with out repacking it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proxish

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.