qUINT

• Chavolatra
More
5 years 6 months ago #221 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic qUINT
"Edit: Sorry to hear about that BS that went down with you and Boris btw. You deserve way more respect than he showed. Hopefully it's some consolation for you to realize/remember, that the vast majority of people who use reshade are huge fans of yours, and really appreciate how much you've contributed to PC gaming as a whole. Thanks again, for all you do"

I think he's thinking that the reshade is a competitor to his mod now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tonaz
More
5 years 6 months ago #222 by tonaz Replied by tonaz on topic qUINT
I see that MXAO works with very few games.
For example in Prepar3D it does not work.
But in Dakar 18 it does.
What could be the reason?
Thanks!

• jminternelia
More
5 years 6 months ago #223 by jminternelia Replied by jminternelia on topic qUINT
Is it possible to add a feature in that would apply film grain to only the blurred areas?

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #224 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT

tonaz wrote: I see that MXAO works with very few games.
For example in Prepar3D it does not work.
But in Dakar 18 it does.
What could be the reason?
Thanks!

The shader's functionality is tied to ReShade. I've read numerous complaints about this game and I can only assume that ReShade isn't very compatible to it. My shaders rely on ReShade giving them the proper input data.

• PatrickJr
More
5 years 6 months ago #225 by PatrickJr Replied by PatrickJr on topic qUINT
Nice, I look forward to trying it out!

• PureEvilWindom
More
5 years 6 months ago #226 by PureEvilWindom Replied by PureEvilWindom on topic qUINT
any chance for another new shader ? or maybe from master effect ? especially godrays since the one from default reshade is also affect non light resource like UI with white color so its hard to control.

• sets
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #227 by sets Replied by sets on topic qUINT
i got (184,1):unreachable code
when i tried to use quint bloom, what could be the problem here ?

also here's my lightroom stats, is it good or bad ?

Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by sets.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #228 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
Updated qUINT to support ReShade 4.0. I decided to hardcode ReShade 4 requirement since rolling back to an older build is super easy with github. I fixed some of the aforementioned bugs as well.

sets Lightroom uses quite some extensive color grading. To get more performance, disable the histogram. This shader is not supposed to be active all the time, you're supposed to build a LUT from the color grading and apply that instead.

When I have more time, I'll recode it so it creates a LUT internally, renders the CC to that and reads it instead of processing every pixel.

PureEvilWisdom Yes, I am working on something new, unsure if it'll go public though.

[img
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mickevincent, acknowledge, Ryukou36, 5Alex, Viper_Joe, PureEvilWindom, Masterfireheart, phroZac

• mickevincent
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #229 by mickevincent Replied by mickevincent on topic qUINT

Marty McFly wrote: Updated qUINT to support ReShade 4.0. I decided to hardcode ReShade 4 requirement since rolling back to an older build is super easy with github. I fixed some of the aforementioned bugs as well.

sets Lightroom uses quite some extensive color grading. To get more performance, disable the histogram. This shader is not supposed to be active all the time, you're supposed to build a LUT from the color grading and apply that instead.

When I have more time, I'll recode it so it creates a LUT internally, renders the CC to that and reads it instead of processing every pixel.

PureEvilWisdom Yes, I am working on something new, unsure if it'll go public though.

Is that image a shader you are making? Please Marty, I need it! :blush:

• Boulotaur2024
More
5 years 5 months ago #230 by Boulotaur2024 Replied by Boulotaur2024 on topic qUINT
Reminds me of that Photoshop plugin "Topaz Simplify" which was very popular in Neogaf back in the days.

So much sharpen though... but it looks quite nice
Offline calculation, not realtime. The verdict at that time was that it was not possible to compute that kind of complexity in realtime in the form of a shader
The following user(s) said Thank You: 5Alex

• mickevincent
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #231 by mickevincent Replied by mickevincent on topic qUINT

Marty McFly wrote: Updated qUINT to support ReShade 4.0. I decided to hardcode ReShade 4 requirement since rolling back to an older build is super easy with github. I fixed some of the aforementioned bugs as well.

If it goes public, when will it do you think? Really looking forward experimenting with that one.

• Swartz27
More
5 years 5 months ago #232 by Swartz27 Replied by Swartz27 on topic qUINT
I LOVE qUINT, great work as always Marty MCFly.

I was going to start writing shaders and submitting them to the main Reshade shader repository, do you mind if I fork qUINT and write an addon pack?

I also have a technical question about Reshade. Is it possible to have Compute shader support? If we're able to directly hook into the graphics pipeline and can add new postprocess effects, it seems like as long as the gave natively supports Compute Shaders (ie. D3D11), then it should be possible shouldn't it? MY C++ isn't very good so I'm likely missing something.
I just think it would be cool to use Compute shaders for very fast and efficient post-processing, especially for complicated effects.

BTW, your WIP shader reminds me of the visual effects of a drug called "2C-E" I once tried (I hated it, and I only use pot these days, just saying it produced a similar but subtler visual effect).

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #233 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
Thanks man :)

About custom shaders, I think you're better off adding to the main ReShade shader repo instead of qUINT, since that's the way it should go, my files are bundled together for several reasons, such as shared textures, full control over the repo, them being a closed set in themselves and having them free from third party code so I can have the licensing I want.

About compute shaders, that's something I'd like as well but I'm not experienced enough to add this to ReShade and I doubt crosire would want to add a feature that's excluding a majority of games that don't use DX11 or the required OGL feature level.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swartz27

• Swartz27
More
5 years 5 months ago #234 by Swartz27 Replied by Swartz27 on topic qUINT
I understand. I think what I'll do is submit a few to the main repo, but I'll start my own little reshade framework.

As for Compute shader support, well, since Reshade is made open-source now, I know a little C++ (I'm not great but I can read the code). Maybe I can see about adding it as a custom "Win10" version of Reshade or something.

• phroZac
More
5 years 5 months ago #235 by phroZac Replied by phroZac on topic qUINT
"When I have more time, I'll recode it so it creates a LUT internally, renders the CC to that and reads it instead of processing every pixel."

Yessssssssss plzzzzzzz :D

• nhjnhj
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #236 by nhjnhj Replied by nhjnhj on topic qUINT

mickevincent wrote: If it goes public, when will it do you think? Really looking forward experimenting with that one.

he's off, i think you will have to wait til waifu2x alike ai networks are ready for reshade (5 years?)
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by nhjnhj.

• OtisInf
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #237 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic qUINT

Marty McFly wrote: PureEvilWisdom Yes, I am working on something new, unsure if it'll go public though.

Effect looks cool! In case it's needed, have a look at the anisotropic kuwahara filter research of Jürgen Döllner and Jan Eric Kyprianidis
hpi.de/doellner/rendering/akf.html Code here: code.google.com/archive/p/gpuakf/source/default/source (glsl). I haven't seen any better results than what they produce.

HTH

(edit) someone already implemented the first one for reshade: reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/4030-kuwahara-anisotropic . It needs some adjusting for reshade 4, and something's off with the flow map but for the rest it looks OK (slooooooooooooooooooooow tho)
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by OtisInf.

• Alabrand
More
5 years 5 months ago #238 by Alabrand Replied by Alabrand on topic qUINT
Is there a reason that the DoF works fine on 1080p but when I use Nvidia DSR and select 3840x2160 ingame the DoF stops working but Lightroom and Bloom works fine?

• JBeckman
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #239 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic qUINT
You probably need to re-adjust the depth buffer settings after scaling the resolution like that, there should be a couple of different choices at least for D3D11 (DirectX 11) and together with the DisplayDepth.fx shader you should be able to see which ones give you proper depth buffer functionality again. :)

For ReShade 4.x I don't know if the compatibility for D3D9 made it in or not the topic here on the subject made it seem like it was still a work in progress but coming along so it might be in or might still be a WIP.

The other shaders I don't believe need depth buffer functionality for proper effect so these still work.

EDIT:

So with proper depth hooking the new depth shader will look somewhat like a normal map by default.
abload.de/img/test02mlfmf.jpg

Hook the wrong one though and it usually hits some other buffer and it can look somewhat messed up which also reflects on the shaders using the depth buffer.
abload.de/img/test01wues3.jpg
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by JBeckman.

• AssassinsDecree
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #240 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic qUINT
Hey Marty,

Unfotunately I get a compile error on all qUINT shaders with ReShade 4.0.2 when loading into No Man's Sky. The latest version I had installed before the 4.0.2 was 3.4.1, and it still works fine with no compile errors if I replace the opengl.dll file to the 3.4.1 version. I've updated all you shaders to their latest versions from your githud, the one you updated 13 days ago, as of the time of posting this. Any idea what might be going on?

I'd give you the error info from the statistics page, but because NMS is so fussy with ReShade in general, I can't even use the arrow keys to access the statistics page or to access any part of the reshade menu with 4.0.2, actually. I already can't use the mouse to click on anything with 3.4.1, as it just stays stuck in the center of the screen when I open the ReShade menu.

Many thanks if you can give any insight into this. Thanks for all your great work! Sorry about the Boris incident.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by AssassinsDecree.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.