qUINT

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #101 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
Quite obviously, yes. Otherwise I wouldn't recommend it or I'd specify own values.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hunt1hunt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chavolatra
More
5 years 7 months ago #102 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic qUINT
i think more better inverter depth buffer directly in MXAO instead of using an option in the reshade gui

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #103 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
It is directly. How about you check the files how everything works?

• jminternelia
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #104 by jminternelia Replied by jminternelia on topic qUINT
You must not have your facebook, or i would have gotten this asap. Glad to see it!

Edit: Great job Marty. Nice to finally see Lightroom come into official existence!
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by jminternelia.

• Chavolatra
More
5 years 7 months ago #105 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic qUINT
ok,I will read.

about bloom, how to implement depth buffer? I wanted to use background only as an option

• F D B
More
5 years 7 months ago #106 by F D B Replied by F D B on topic qUINT
I asked this a couple of pages back but since I got no answer I would like to ask again:
Is there any chance Lightroom could automatically save the LUTs to a folder with the same name of the preset?.
Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper_Joe

• Daodan
More
5 years 7 months ago #107 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic qUINT

F D B wrote: I asked this a couple of pages back but since I got no answer I would like to ask again:
Is there any chance Lightroom could automatically save the LUTs to a folder with the same name of the preset?.
Thanks.

Lightroom is a shader. And shaders are not able to save data on the disk. As of now the only option you have is to take a screenshot and crop out the LUT manually. If you haven't done it already and think it would be a useful feature you could suggest (in Application -> Suggestions) the support of saving a pre-cropped screenshots within ReShade.

• AssassinsDecree
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #108 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic qUINT

Marty McFly wrote: @AssassinsDecree: download again, I fixed it.

@Crystrex: well, some of your depth options (RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED etc) are off, because that's not at all how SSAO should look like. Try adding RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=1 or =0 to your preprocessor section in the UI and reload shaders. If you want to investigate further, use the DisplayDepth shader and check if it shows a transition from black(near) to white(far) and NOT vice versa.

Indeed, many thanks Marty, works like a charm again.

Btw, the changes to the bloom shader are freaking great! It's a really cool shader, used it to make the so-called firery rainstorm in No Man's Sky Next actually look like the air will singe your skin right off the bone. The only effects I have enabled that are impacting the lighting or coloring are Lightroom and your new qUINT Bloom shader. You're just great.

edit: Oh yea, using a soft implementation of your ADOF shader too.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by AssassinsDecree.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #109 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
Wow, No Man's Sky looks really good! I'm contemplating for a while now if I should get it or not, suppose the NEXT update did a lot of good?

Updated MXAO:
Improved size scale option by a lot. The following picture shows 8 samples with size scale 0.5 (meaning MXAO computed in half resolution) before and after. Before is obviously beyond fucked, after looks close to full resolution result. Performance gain of using a smaller size scale is a LOT, "Medium" with size scale 1.0 runs with 1.05ms, size scale 0.5 runs with 0.75ms. Consider that this is with IL, so it's not comparable to performance of SSAO without any SSIL structure (it has a static overhead). And I had smooth normals enabled there.

[img

Courtesy of user matsilagi who provided me with a testing environment with depth access for ReShade, so I can test my shaders on standardized scenes like Sponza.

EDIT: Updated MXAO again.
Rewrote the spatial filter, it now both looks better and is about 50% faster.
0.3ms for filter -> 0.2ms.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ryukou36, AssassinsDecree

• Martigen
More
5 years 7 months ago #110 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic qUINT

Marty McFly wrote: Wow, No Man's Sky looks really good! I'm contemplating for a while now if I should get it or not, suppose the NEXT update did a lot of good?

Yes, it's awesome :)

Updated MXAO:
Improved size scale option by a lot. The following picture shows 8 samples with size scale 0.5 (meaning MXAO computed in half resolution) before and after. Before is obviously beyond fucked, after looks close to full resolution result. Performance gain of using a smaller size scale is a LOT, "Medium" with size scale 1.0 runs with 1.05ms, size scale 0.5 runs with 0.75ms. Consider that this is with IL, so it's not comparable to performance of SSAO without any SSIL structure (it has a static overhead). And I had smooth normals enabled there.

You rock Marty!

Thank you :)

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #111 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
qUINT gets a new addition in the near future: Screen-space Reflections! It's a better alternative for the RBM shader which I won't be reworking.

[img

[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: MaxG3D, Tojkar, Ryukou36, Viper_Joe, Arkane, someone_for, AssassinsDecree

• hunt1hunt
More
5 years 7 months ago #112 by hunt1hunt Replied by hunt1hunt on topic qUINT
Yes, it's awesome !!!

• lowenz
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #113 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic qUINT
Can you rename the techniques so there's no overlap with "default" shader suite ones? ("MXAO Next" or something like that)
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by lowenz.

• Chavolatra
More
5 years 7 months ago #114 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic qUINT

Marty McFly wrote: qUINT gets a new addition in the near future: Screen-space Reflections! It's a better alternative for the RBM shader which I won't be reworking.

[img

Do you have any forecast to launch?

I'm crazy to test in black ops 2

• AssassinsDecree
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #115 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic qUINT

Marty McFly wrote: Wow, No Man's Sky looks really good! I'm contemplating for a while now if I should get it or not, suppose the NEXT update did a lot of good?

I like it. As someone that doesn't really play games anymore and for real and just spend all my waking time modding (mostly creating reshade presets then immediately quitting a game forever after I'm done reshading it), I find the game is perfect for how my play games now... to just look at the pretty visuals. There's some really fantastic mods for NMS Next and the modding community is the strongest i've seen outside of Bethesda games and the Witcher 3, actually.

And the screen-space-reflections look stupidly good! Can't wait. I'm going to abuse it so much. I'll make the grass reflective, lol.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by AssassinsDecree.

• hunt1hunt
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #116 by hunt1hunt Replied by hunt1hunt on topic qUINT

https://scontent-cdt1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/32267390_102445930634644_6170016620044353536_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=d4e02fb68a45536112f1b4aa780062ff&oe=5C2B2303

Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by hunt1hunt.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #117 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
Pictures of reflections. Do you want to tell me something with this?

• hunt1hunt
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #118 by hunt1hunt Replied by hunt1hunt on topic qUINT
Marty McFly:thank you for your shader !Screen-space Reflections is a Dream !Can't wait.Do you have any forecast to launch? I'm going to abuse it so much.I'm crazy to test in c&c zerohour, I'll make everything reflective, aha!
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by hunt1hunt.

• moriz1
More
5 years 7 months ago #119 by moriz1 Replied by moriz1 on topic qUINT
is there a way to increase the strength of the "smooth normals" option in MXAO?

• Chavolatra
More
5 years 7 months ago #120 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic qUINT
will it have any depth buffer in the reflections?

I want to make my reflective armor in skyrim haha

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.