Depth buffer detection modifications

• lowenz
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #801 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
And totally fubar (expected?) with other games:

Commandos Strike Force:
[img

Bloom overbright in Source Engine:
[img
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by lowenz.
The topic has been locked.
  • lowenz
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #802 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
About DXHRDC, can you make a custom version "correcting" the dev choice of halving the resolution of the bloom pass?
  • lowenz
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #803 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Hello,
What do you mean by "overbright issue" ?

Take a look here ;)

Weapon transparency artifacts (as expected)
[img

No weapon transparency artifacts BUT overbright
[img
  • Zireael
More
4 years 11 months ago #804 by Zireael Replied by Zireael on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Any way to fix this? HBAO via Nvidia driver works properly, npcs and other objects are detected.

• thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #805 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Zireael wrote: Any way to fix this? HBAO via Nvidia driver works properly, npcs and other objects are detected.

Could you please show me the dx9 tab settings ?
  • gonzo
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #806 by gonzo Replied by gonzo on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Hey Thalixte! I saw you posted on my thread about my depth buffer problem, I was wondering if you would you be so kind and troubleshoot this with me somehow? I am desperate, I've been trying to get this to work for so long. I will donate to you :)
Please add me on discord if you can : Gonzo#7550
If you can't, I fully understand.
Also here is what my DX9 tab looks like
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by gonzo.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #807 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

gonzo wrote: Hey Thalixte! I saw you posted on my thread about my depth buffer problem, I was wondering if you would you be so kind and troubleshoot this with me somehow? I am desperate, I've been trying to get this to work for so long. I will donate to you :)
Please add me on discord if you can : Gonzo#7550
If you can't, I fully understand.
Also here is what my DX9 tab looks like

Hello ! What if you tick the "preserve depth buffer from being cleared" option ? As i told you on another thread, if you play online, the depth buffer detection will not work.
  • gonzo
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #808 by gonzo Replied by gonzo on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I have been messing with that all morning with no luck. :(
And I'm not playing online I am using it to record demos/replays of gameplay. Many people I know use it without problem.
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by gonzo.
  • gonzo
More
4 years 11 months ago #809 by gonzo Replied by gonzo on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I don't know which version of the .dll, but its one of your recent ones. I have messed with everything that is possible to mess with and I still get a black/white screen with DisplayDepth.fx and other depth buffer reliant effects don't work as they should.

Please can someone add me on discord and help me with this : Gonzo#7550
  • Zireael
More
4 years 11 months ago #810 by Zireael Replied by Zireael on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

Zireael wrote: Any way to fix this? HBAO via Nvidia driver works properly, npcs and other objects are detected.

Tried all the settings
  • keku645
More
4 years 11 months ago #811 by keku645 Replied by keku645 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

DeMondo wrote: First thank you very Thalixte for bringing new life into (old) depthbuffer-less games !!!

I quickly tried one, Mirror's Edge (2009) but this one is going without any luck regarding the depth-buffer.

Could you shine a new light onto it?

Thanks in advance !!

Oh, yes, good idea Mirror's Edge. Will try it...

So what finally happened with Mirror's Edge?
Im wondering if you did something i really want to try MXAO on it or even RT.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #812 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

keku645 wrote:

thalixte wrote:

DeMondo wrote: First thank you very Thalixte for bringing new life into (old) depthbuffer-less games !!!

I quickly tried one, Mirror's Edge (2009) but this one is going without any luck regarding the depth-buffer.

Could you shine a new light onto it?

Thanks in advance !!

Oh, yes, good idea Mirror's Edge. Will try it...

So what finally happened with Mirror's Edge?
Im wondering if you did something i really want to try MXAO on it or even RT.

Sorry, did not have the time to test it. As soon as i can, i will..
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by thalixte.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #813 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Zireael wrote:

thalixte wrote:

Tried all the settings

Interesting... I think i know what happens with this game: the original depthstencil used to create the depthstencil texture used by reshade is only related to the scenery, not the character. To make it work, i should disable some tests, i guess. Is it Assassin-s Creed II ?
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by thalixte.
  • Zireael
More
4 years 11 months ago #814 by Zireael Replied by Zireael on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

Zireael wrote:

thalixte wrote:

Tried all the settings

Interesting... I think i know what happens with this game: the original depthstencil used to create the depthstencil texture used by reshade is only related to the scenery, not the character. To make it work, i should disable some tests, i guess. Is it Assassin-s Creed II ?

Yes AC 2, same happens in AC1.

• thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #815 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Just tested Mirror's Edge, and it seems to work very well.
In case, the dll i used: d3d9_32bits.zip

Of course, you have to disable the ingame anti-aliasing for the depth buffer detection to work. As soon as i can, will make screenshots...
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #816 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
For Deus Ex only: this one (and yes, it has performance impacts, it is intended)... :(

d3d9_32bits_Deus_Ex.zip
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01
  • Zireael
More
4 years 11 months ago #817 by Zireael Replied by Zireael on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: For Deus Ex only: this one (and yes, it has performance impacts, it is intended)... :(

d3d9_32bits_Deus_Ex.zip

Hey, just wanted to know if you think the bug in AC is fixable. Holding off from replaying the games if it is.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #818 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Zireael wrote:

thalixte wrote: For Deus Ex only: this one (and yes, it has performance impacts, it is intended)... :(

d3d9_32bits_Deus_Ex.zip

Hey, just wanted to know if you think the bug in AC is fixable. Holding off from replaying the games if it is.

Can you test this one for AC2 ?
d3d9_AC2.zip

With the Reshade.ini settings above:
[DX9_BUFFER_DETECTION]
DisableINTZ=0
PreserveDepthBuffer=1
PreserveDepthBufferIndex=4294967295
AutoPreserve=0
BruteForceFix=0

You can also try with BruteForceFix=1
  • Zireael
More
4 years 11 months ago #819 by Zireael Replied by Zireael on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
@thalixte

[DX9_BUFFER_DETECTION]
DisableINTZ=0
PreserveDepthBuffer=1
PreserveDepthBufferIndex=1
AutoPreserve=0
BruteForceFix=0

Worked with those settings.

Thanks a lot. Seems to work fine.
  • someone_for
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #820 by someone_for Replied by someone_for on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Depth Buffer in A Plague Tale (DX11, 64-bit) is displaced/shifted. Can this be fixed ?

Edit: Nevermind, got it fixed. You have to turn LensDistortion off in the ENGINESETTINGS file.
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by someone_for.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Siridon
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.