Compatibility list

• Mike Gous
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #271 by Mike Gous Replied by Mike Gous on topic Compatibility list
I got Grand Theft Auto 3 working with Reshade 0.16. The file that works is d3d8.dll. It can now be included in the Compatibility List.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• huss93
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #272 by huss93 Replied by huss93 on topic Compatibility list
tom clancy ghost recon future soldier perfect > 15.0 >dx11/dx9
The following user(s) said Thank You: Omnipotus

• SunBroDave
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #273 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic Compatibility list
The Walking Dead: Season 1, no depthbuffer, 0.16, d3d9.dll

• Revolvere
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #274 by Revolvere Replied by Revolvere on topic Compatibility list
The Elder Scrolls Online | Crash // Version 0.16.0 // d3d9.dll & dxgi.dll

• JBeckman
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #275 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Compatibility list

Revolvere wrote: The Elder Scrolls Online | Crash // Version 0.16.0 // d3d9.dll & dxgi.dll

That's normal, on the forums you can find posts stating that it's OK to use SweetFx (And ENB too under D3D9.) but the game has some form of protection so you need to use a workaround. :)

First we'll check said copy protection, you can skip this if you want but for verification that this actually exists go to the folder with the games exe file ( .\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client ) and copy over Sweet.Fx or ReShade.Fx and start the game, these files do absolutely nothing on their own but the game will now crash with a error message, this is the protection I mentioned, it kicks in when it detects foreign files in the exe folder, I don't know how it works but we need to work around it (This could potentially be against some EULA or other rule so it's a risk just so you know it, I've been using it for over a week now however with no issue.) anyways copy over dxgi.dll from the 32-bit version of ReShade32.dll (Copy the file and rename it, nothing special there.) or if you have the game running in DX9 mode name it d3d9.dll instead.

I prefer to skip the welcome message from ReShade so I create a dxgi.log or d3d9.log file, this makes ReShade detect it (Used for logging information.) and the message will not show up.

With only these two files present (.dll and .log) the game will start, I guess the .dll will be accepted as a Windows file and there's no additional checks (yet) and maybe log files are OK as you can't really do anything to the game with one, I don't know why but this works.

The game starts and ReShade will give a little message in the left corner about how no effects are currently loaded, we have to correct that. :)

Copy over Sweet.fx / ReShade.fx and any required folders such as "SweetFX" or "MasterEffect" (And MasterEffect.h if you use MasterEffect.) now there's no way yet to reload the shaders far as I know so we need to force it by switching from borderless to windowed or well anything like that and back to your preferred again and ReShade will reload when the game re-initializes after the view mode switch. :)

It will work now but don't forget to remove the files after exiting the game or it'll crash when you next start it, yeah it's a mess but it's the only way at the moment to get it to work, you can keep dxgi.dll and dxgi.log / d3d9.dll and d3d9.log but everything else has to be moved back from that folder.
(Information taken from a thread in this forum, I had problems with this too until I found this information.)
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by crosire. Reason: Fixed log filename ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, Omnipotus, Revolvere

• Predalienator
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #276 by Predalienator Replied by Predalienator on topic Compatibility list
Anyone tried getting SSAO to work in Counter Strike Source? I'm using MasterEffects + ReShade v0.16 and already disabled the in-game MSAA.

• Euda
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #277 by Euda Replied by Euda on topic Compatibility list
Mafia II works without Z-access but has some serious gamma correction issues. :<

• SunBroDave
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #278 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic Compatibility list

Predalienator wrote: Anyone tried getting SSAO to work in Counter Strike Source? I'm using MasterEffects + ReShade v0.16 and already disabled the in-game MSAA.

Its a multiplayer game right? Multiplayer = no depth buffer = no ssao
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by SunBroDave.

• Mobeeuz
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #279 by Mobeeuz Replied by Mobeeuz on topic Compatibility list

Wicked Sick wrote: Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) crashes after selecting the profile, may crash even before that. This is the log file:

pastebin.com/7QWttPXP

However, if you disable Steam overlay, the game will boot up just fine:

If you change the fullscreen parameter in the Fahrenheit.ini if will also load.

• Revolvere
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #280 by Revolvere Replied by Revolvere on topic Compatibility list

Revolvere wrote: The Elder Scrolls Online | Crash // Version 0.16.0 // d3d9.dll & dxgi.dll

JBeckman wrote:
That's normal, on the forums you can find posts stating that it's OK to use SweetFx (And ENB too under D3D9.) but the game has some form of protection so you need to use a workaround. :)

First we'll check said copy protection, you can skip this if you want but for verification that this actually exists go to the folder with the games exe file ( .\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client ) and copy over Sweet.Fx or ReShade.Fx and start the game, these files do absolutely nothing on their own but the game will now crash with a error message, this is the protection I mentioned, it kicks in when it detects foreign files in the exe folder, I don't know how it works but we need to work around it (This could potentially be against some EULA or other rule so it's a risk just so you know it, I've been using it for over a week now however with no issue.) anyways copy over dxgi.dll from the 32-bit version of ReShade32.dll (Copy the file and rename it, nothing special there.) or if you have the game running in DX9 mode name it d3d9.dll instead.

I prefer to skip the welcome message from ReShade so I create a dxgi.log or d3d9.log file, this makes ReShade detect it (Used for logging information.) and the message will not show up.

With only these two files present (.dll and .log) the game will start, I guess the .dll will be accepted as a Windows file and there's no additional checks (yet) and maybe log files are OK as you can't really do anything to the game with one, I don't know why but this works.

The game starts and ReShade will give a little message in the left corner about how no effects are currently loaded, we have to correct that. :)

Copy over Sweet.fx / ReShade.fx and any required folders such as "SweetFX" or "MasterEffect" (And MasterEffect.h if you use MasterEffect.) now there's no way yet to reload the shaders far as I know so we need to force it by switching from borderless to windowed or well anything like that and back to your preferred again and ReShade will reload when the game re-initializes after the view mode switch. :)

It will work now but don't forget to remove the files after exiting the game or it'll crash when you next start it, yeah it's a mess but it's the only way at the moment to get it to work, you can keep dxgi.dll and dxgi.log / d3d9.dll and d3d9.log but everything else has to be moved back from that folder.
(Information taken from a thread in this forum, I had problems with this too until I found this information.)

Bah! That's a bit much. Very well said though, I'll try it out for myself. Thank you!

• Koklusz
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #281 by Koklusz Replied by Koklusz on topic Compatibility list
Resident Evil Ultimate HD

Tested version: 0.17

Post procesing: works

Depth buffer: AA off = empty depth buffer, AA on = no depth buffer access

• Omnipotus
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #282 by Omnipotus Replied by Omnipotus on topic Compatibility list
Compatibility List has all the new info updated from our glorious community :)

I've personally tested the following:

• Antisquad
  • Ascendant
  • Avoid Sensory Overload
  • Oddworld: Strangers Wrath
  • R.U.S.E
  • Strider
  • Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
  • Typing of the Dead: Overkill
  • Valdis Story: Abyssal City
  • Velocibox
  • Verde Station
  • Volgarr the Viking
  • Words for Evil
  • Year Walk
  • Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by Omnipotus.

• strelokgunslinger
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #283 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic Compatibility list
DEAD OR ALIVE 5 LAST ROUND

0.17 - working
d3d9.dll -- DirectX 9 [lol come on tecmo]
and NO depth buffer at all
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by strelokgunslinger.

• YOBA
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #284 by YOBA Replied by YOBA on topic Compatibility list
All these games tested with ReShade ver 0.17

Exanima
API: opengl32.dll
Works perfect (with Z-access)

Just Cause 2
API: d3d9.dll
Works good (with Z-access, but very limited (disable in-game AA))

Octodad - Dadliest Catch
API: opengl32.dll
Works perfect (disable in-game AA to access depthbuffer)
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by YOBA. Reason: my carelessness

• TinchO
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #285 by TinchO Replied by TinchO on topic Compatibility list
@YOBA
F.E.A.R. Works perfect, you must disable AA and Soft Shadows to get depthbuffer access
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, YOBA

• YOBA
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #286 by YOBA Replied by YOBA on topic Compatibility list
@TinchO
About depthbuffer access:
I know about this method decision problem with disable AA, but also with disable Soft Shadows (my mistake - it was necessary to thoroughly review the compatibility list)... Thanks ! It really works !
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by YOBA.

• kaicooper
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #287 by kaicooper Replied by kaicooper on topic Compatibility list
i was happy cus finally i got my GOG release
Psychonauts

but i tried Reshade with it but its not working
it gives me Micorsoft Visual error

rest game working

what to do

• SpinelessJelly
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #288 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic Compatibility list
@kaicooper: Psychonauts reshaded could be great. You may need to install the Visual C++ files from Microsoft first, from here www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=30679 . Also, I don't think this is the right section to post similar questions, next time try "Troubleshooting" instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

• MonarchX
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #289 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Compatibility list
Toggle Key (default Scroll Lock) does not work in any game with the latest 17.1 release. The message in the upper left corner does not show up when I press Scroll Lock. It does show up when I start whichever game and it says SweetFX Enabled. I like to compare SweetFX ON and SweetFX OFF in games, which is now impossible due to non-working Scroll Lock Toggle key...
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by MonarchX.

• JBeckman
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #290 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Compatibility list

Revolvere wrote:

JBeckman wrote:

Bah! That's a bit much. Very well said though, I'll try it out for myself. Thank you!

Took another stab at it, copying ReShade.fx into the .\game\client folder will allow the game to start but copying the folder "ReShade" over will cause a crash, creating a new folder with nothing in it will also cause a crash but you can place whatever files you want.

Tried opening ReShade.fx from the 0.17.1 release with the "Framework" pack of shaders and changing it to read a different path to the ReShade folder files but I guess it has to be in the existing folder as "D:\Reshade\*" did not work and neither did ".\Reshade\*"

No idea why the game crashes when you create a new folder in the dir with the game exe and other binaries, might just be a bug then and not some protection system against injectors but I have no idea.
(Not sure if you can set ReShade to load it's settings from another folder either.)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.