Compatibility list

• jas01
More
9 years 2 days ago - 9 years 2 days ago #301 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic Compatibility list

JPulowski wrote: Grand Theft Auto V:
DXGI, 64-bit.
No depth buffer.

This makes me sad. :(

I'm sure that there will be some enb for GTA V, but I prefer all the shaders from MasterEffect. So no chance for Global Illumination. :(

I know a guy who can help us, but he doesn't like to explain his method to get depth buffer access. Here is his youtube account: RYU Haya .

/Sorry for my poor grammar.
Last edit: 9 years 2 days ago by jas01.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JBeckman
More
9 years 1 day ago #302 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Compatibility list

DXGI, 64-bit.
No depth buffer.

Some users are having problems during startup. There is major stutter during startup when techniques are enabled, as a temporary workaround I suggest changing "ReShade_Start_Enabled" to "0" in Global_settings.txt. After loading the game, you may enable the effects.

I'll give that a try, unsure if stuttering is the same as the issue I have where the game runs at less than five frames per second with ReShade active but it doesn't hurt to try. :)

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 day ago - 9 years 1 day ago #303 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Compatibility list

DXGI, 64-bit.
No depth buffer.

That's wrong actually. There is depth access, it's just that the game uses a logarithmic depth buffer instead of a linear one, because of the drawing distance it has to provide without z-fighting. This means a different algorithm is required to map it into a linear range which can be displayed and used by the various DOF or SSAO algorithms.
Something that needs to be fixed in the shaders (Framework, MasterEffect, etc.), not ReShade. For anybody interested, you can read up about logarithmic depth buffers here: outerra.blogspot.de/2012/11/maximizing-d...uffer-range-and.html

Proof (the white square in the bottom left is the map):

I used the following linearization algorithm to achieve that image:
const float C = 1.0;
const float FarPlane = 100.0;
depth = (exp(depth * log(C * FarPlane + 1.0)) - 1.0) / C;
Last edit: 9 years 1 day ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JPulowski, SunBroDave, klotim, jas01, jmp909, Courier

• SunBroDave
More
9 years 1 day ago #304 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic Compatibility list

crosire wrote: There is depth access.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

• vfxninjaeditor
More
9 years 1 day ago #305 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic Compatibility list
Is there a chance other games use a logarithmic depth buffer also? Or is this a GTAV thing only?

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 day ago #306 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Compatibility list

vfxninjaeditor wrote: Is there a chance other games use a logarithmic depth buffer also?

Very well possible, but it's something mainly of interest for games with very far view distances.

• strelokgunslinger
More
9 years 18 hours ago #307 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic Compatibility list
Witcher 3... have you seen the map, I reckon that'll have the largest view distance of any game in 2015 yet

• strelokgunslinger
More
9 years 13 hours ago #308 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic Compatibility list
Halo Combat Evolved - Custom Edition 1.10
With OpenSauce

d3d9.dll x86 --- Has full depth buffer aswell

• TinchO
More
9 years 11 hours ago - 9 years 11 hours ago #309 by TinchO Replied by TinchO on topic Compatibility list
Racedriver GRID
d3d9.dll, 32Bit - Perfect
Disable MSAA to get depth buffer access
Last edit: 9 years 11 hours ago by TinchO.

• Courier
More
8 years 11 months ago #310 by Courier Replied by Courier on topic Compatibility list
Star Wars Battlefront 2
DX9, 32 bit

Perfect, disable in-game MSAA to acess depthbuffer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunBroDave

• strelokgunslinger
More
8 years 11 months ago #311 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic Compatibility list
Triad Wars
DirectX 11, dxgi - x86

• JBeckman
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #312 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Compatibility list

JBeckman wrote:

DXGI, 64-bit.
No depth buffer.

Some users are having problems during startup. There is major stutter during startup when techniques are enabled, as a temporary workaround I suggest changing "ReShade_Start_Enabled" to "0" in Global_settings.txt. After loading the game, you may enable the effects.

I'll give that a try, unsure if stuttering is the same as the issue I have where the game runs at less than five frames per second with ReShade active but it doesn't hurt to try. :)

Was going to wait for version 0.18.0 before testing the game with ReShade again but I gave it a quick trial run and unfortunately this does not solve the framerate issue so it's something separate from the stuttering problem.
(It does improve the framerate from around 5 to around 15 but that's still a lot lower than the default of 30 that it usually runs at on the main menu screen.)

Will have to try without Afterburner as well to see if it's not a conflict with that as well, would be the first one so far if so but it is a overlay hooking into DX11 so a conflict is possible or so I guess even if it might be rare.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by JBeckman.

• MrManop0
More
8 years 11 months ago #313 by MrManop0 Replied by MrManop0 on topic Compatibility list
Assassins Creed Unity
DXGI, 64-bit
Reshade 0.18

The depth buffer works whith the new logarithmic depth buffer option turned on :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, SunBroDave

• vfxninjaeditor
More
8 years 11 months ago #314 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic Compatibility list

Courier wrote: Star Wars Battlefront 2
DX9, 32 bit

Perfect, disable in-game MSAA to acess depthbuffer.

Hey, how did you get a depth buffer working in BF2? Even with MSAA disabled, the depth buffer only shows your hands and gun (flickers between far background scenery when looking at certain portions of the sky).

• MrManop0
More
8 years 11 months ago #315 by MrManop0 Replied by MrManop0 on topic Compatibility list
Mafia II
d3d9, 32-bit
Reshade 0.18

Works perfect with depth buffer when you disable in-game anti aliasing :)

• MrManop0
More
8 years 11 months ago #316 by MrManop0 Replied by MrManop0 on topic Compatibility list
Bioshock Infinite
DXGI, 32-bit
Reshade 0.18

Depth buffer only displays your weapon :S

• MrManop0
More
8 years 11 months ago #317 by MrManop0 Replied by MrManop0 on topic Compatibility list
NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM Revolution
d3d9, 32-bit
Reshade 0.18

Depth buffer works but contains the whole UI.

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 Full Burst
d3d9, 32-bit
Reshade 0.18

Depth buffer works but contains the whole UI.

• strelokgunslinger
More
8 years 11 months ago #318 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic Compatibility list
@MrManop0

Next time try adding your additions to the one post, or edit the one post, if possible :P thx

This is too prevent double posts
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrManop0

• MrManop0
More
8 years 11 months ago #319 by MrManop0 Replied by MrManop0 on topic Compatibility list
Sorry for that :pinch:
I'll remember that for my future posts :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: strelokgunslinger

• Aelius Maximus
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #320 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic Compatibility list
@MrManop0

What did Bioshock Infinte do before 0.18?
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Aelius Maximus.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.