Compatibility list

• BrandonHortman
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #341 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic Compatibility list
No depth buffer on Wolfenstien The New Blood
=,(
SMAA darkens the entire screen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• amoebae
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #342 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic Compatibility list
Latest release 0.18.2 (w/Framework) works with The Sims 4 (which I'm sure you're all super glad to know).

Toggle doesn't reliably work, but then I've never been able to get the toggle to reliably work in earlier versions in other games where it was working fine for others, so it could well just be that I haven't sacrificed the correct number of puppies to the right gods yet. F12 to toggle split screen worked twice, but sadly no more. It's like I use up my allotted key press allowance and then am denied any more until I eat my greens.

I have no experience with depth buffer effects so I don't know what I should be looking for or how to test if that works. Trying each AO version does nothing but TS4 has its own version already. DOF blurs the entire screen, but that could just be that I don't know how to use it yet (is there a tutorial anywhere?). Turning off manual focus removes the blur and replaces it with weird lines on everything. TS4 has its own peculiar (and terrible) version of dof -- no idea if there's some interacting/conflicts going on under the hood.

• SpinelessJelly
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #343 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic Compatibility list
Hey Amo. Right next to the split screen option in Common_settings.cfg there's a displaydepth setting (F12 should toggle that, not the split screen?). If there's a depth buffer detected you should be able to see the scene rendered as simple black and white objects - if not you'll get a completely black or white screen. Driver AA interferes with depth buffer detection so it should be off, ingame MSAA too. The effects that need depth info are mainly ambient occlusion and dof.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amoebae

• Aelius Maximus
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #344 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic Compatibility list

BrandonHortman wrote: No depth buffer on Wolfenstien The New Blood
=,(

Strange seeing as The New Order has a depth buffer?
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrandonHortman

• strelokgunslinger
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #345 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic Compatibility list

Aelius Maximus wrote:

BrandonHortman wrote: No depth buffer on Wolfenstien The New Blood
=,(

Strange seeing as The New Order has a depth buffer?

give me 1 more hour so I can test that

• BrandonHortman
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #346 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic Compatibility list
I'm not sure. The version of ReShade did some wild stuff to The New Order when I was playing it, I heard they fixed it since though, I just moved on to other games.

I just got a black screen when I set #define RFX_DisplayDepth to 1 also

Manual focus almost worked, but it blurred all kinds of stuff. =\

I haven't bought a first person game yet that had depth buffer access. I want my money back because ReShade doesn't work haha

*I think the game is shaded really well though*

• tybalitea
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #347 by tybalitea Replied by tybalitea on topic Compatibility list
@strelokgunslinger
Could you make a depthbuffer test with turok please ?

• BrandonHortman
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #348 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic Compatibility list
Wolfenstein: The New Order DOF works. :cheer:

I was mistaken. It surprisingly works perfectly fine now. I have no idea why I couldn't get it to work in the first scene.

Both AA techniques darken the screen significantly.

• Ganossa
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #349 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Compatibility list

BrandonHortman wrote: Wolfenstein: The New Order DOF works. :cheer:

I was mistaken. It surprisingly works perfectly fine now. I have no idea why I couldn't get it to work in the first scene.

Both AA techniques darken the screen significantly.

For SMAA at least I know that the OGL fix is not yet implemened cause it threw me errors on dx9 when I tried last time. I will look into it again for the next release.

• strelokgunslinger
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #350 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic Compatibility list

tybalitea wrote: @strelokgunslinger
Could you make a depthbuffer test with turok please ?

If it wasn't noticeable the depth buffer works, I made the far focus 1.0 and near focus was 10 in the video
The following user(s) said Thank You: tybalitea

• SunBroDave
More
9 years 1 week ago #351 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic Compatibility list
Reshade v0.18.2, opengl32.dll, 32-bit

Project64 + GlideN64 v1.0 Plugin - Depthbuffer Access works

Only problem is that when objects are in motion, the depthbuffer lags behind the actual object. Here's an example (look at the dog, and the AO trying to catch up to him):

Crosire, anything you can do about that?

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 week ago #352 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Compatibility list

SunBroDave wrote: Crosire, anything you can do about that?

I can only do as much as grabbing the depth buffer, actually modifying it isn't done easily.

• Kleio420
More
9 years 1 week ago #353 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Compatibility list

SunBroDave wrote: Reshade v0.18.2, opengl32.dll, 32-bit

Project64 + GlideN64 v1.0 Plugin - Depthbuffer Access works

Crosire, anything you can do about that?

maybe try getting into contact with the group who has been running the emulator project see if they have any input on it this might get you further then asking here :silly: cause this would be great to go back and replay these games with updated visuals

• matsilagi
More
9 years 1 week ago #354 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic Compatibility list
Re-Volt OpenGL (RVGL) - Good
Depth Buffer access is problematic on this one, works correctly only when in the pause screen/menu/car is respawning.

• valkyrjur
More
9 years 1 week ago #355 by valkyrjur Replied by valkyrjur on topic Compatibility list
SMAA through reshade makes fifa 15 crash. I disabled all interfaces layers (Origin) and with radeon pro closed, just reshade 18.0.3 + framework with only smaa active and the game crash after few minutes playing a match (offline and online).
I tried smaa through radeonpro and works fine.

• Constantine PC
More
9 years 1 day ago #356 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic Compatibility list
Forgive me if this was already said, but GTA V has no depth buffer access online.
Or at least it didn't for me. I didn't host any lobbies I was in the freemode lobby and I had no access.

• SpinelessJelly
More
9 years 1 day ago - 9 years 1 day ago #357 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic Compatibility list
Reshade switches off depth buffer access as soon as net code kicks in, that's for every game out there.
Last edit: 9 years 1 day ago by SpinelessJelly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, Constantine PC

• NattyDread
More
9 years 1 day ago #358 by NattyDread Replied by NattyDread on topic Compatibility list
The Witcher 3 works ok I guess with ReShade 0.18.4 Public Beta with Framework
The depth buffer (logarithmic only) seems to be inverted as the manual focus depth works inverted. The outcome is that close objects (in focus) leave some kind of halo on the bg (look at Geralt's head) and AO looks broken.
I can't seem to get the raw depth buffer to display (F12) and toggle (VK_SCROLL) doesn't work (I guess that's linked).

• strelokgunslinger
More
9 years 12 hours ago - 9 years 12 hours ago #359 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic Compatibility list

NattyDread wrote: The Witcher 3 works ok I guess with ReShade 0.18.4 Public Beta with Framework
The depth buffer (logarithmic only) seems to be inverted as the manual focus depth works inverted. The outcome is that close objects (in focus) leave some kind of halo on the bg (look at Geralt's head) and AO looks broken.
I can't seem to get the raw depth buffer to display (F12) and toggle (VK_SCROLL) doesn't work (I guess that's linked).

most of the dof artifacts so to speak can be fixed by using auto focus

Then again using it for gameplay is never an option for me only screenshots.
Last edit: 9 years 12 hours ago by strelokgunslinger.

• Merpitymerp
More
8 years 11 months ago #360 by Merpitymerp Replied by Merpitymerp on topic Compatibility list
Space Engineers (64 bit), d3d9, perfect.

I just tested Space Engineers (installed into /Bin64/) with d3d9.dll and it works perfectly with a depth buffer. It looks like something out of a space-y movie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.