Compatibility list

• Moonkey
More
8 years 7 months ago #421 by Moonkey Replied by Moonkey on topic Compatibility list
Vagante v23a works with ReShade OpenGL32. However, ingame the effects are stuck on an endless loop of compiling and never reach "Success!".
The effects work in the main menu, and in the 'lobby'. Of course, no depth buffer since it is a 2D game :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Steiner
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #422 by Steiner Replied by Steiner on topic Compatibility list
Which conditions are there to report a game as perfectly working in contrast to good? Is the only difference a recognized depth buffer or should all shaders work as well?
I have encountered some games with a working depth buffer, but some shaders like Ambient Occlusion or DOF still look bugged.

Anyway, here are some games that I tested with Reshade 1.0:

Anno 1404: works perfectly with d3d9.dll
Men of War: works with d3d9.dll, Depth Buffer is recognized but the Ambient Occlusion Shader does not work correctly, no matter how I configure it.
Alien Swarm: Works, d3d9.dll, no depth buffer, all reshade files have to be installed into \bin
Colin McRae: Dirt: d3d9.dll, works perfectly
Age of Empires II: HD Edition: d3d9.dll, works perfectly
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition: d3d9.dll, works perfectly
Two Worlds: d3d9.dll, works perfectly
War for the Overworld: opengl32.dll,works but depth buffer is flipped upside-down. Anyelse ever had this issue?
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Steiner.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #423 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Compatibility list

Steiner wrote: Which conditions are there to report a game as perfectly working in contrast to good? Is the only difference a recognized depth buffer or should all shaders work as well?

The former, since ReShade itself has no shaders (its just the injector) and so those cannot be part of the rating.

• FYKC
More
8 years 7 months ago #424 by FYKC Replied by FYKC on topic Compatibility list
Satellite Reign works almost perfectly with DXGI.dll--the depth buffer is flipped sideways and moves around as the camera pans.

• SilentPrayerCG
More
8 years 7 months ago #425 by SilentPrayerCG Replied by SilentPrayerCG on topic Compatibility list
Game list said - Diablo III is perfect, but z-buffer allways black or white, depend from, i dont even know from what. Or it somekind atnicheat system prevent from getting z-buffer?

• Nerd
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #426 by Nerd Replied by Nerd on topic Compatibility list
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain crashes at launch just like Ground Zeroes :angry: . Even with other injectors.

Please make an injector for it, Crosire! You're my only hope.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Nerd.

• SilentPrayerCG
More
8 years 7 months ago #427 by SilentPrayerCG Replied by SilentPrayerCG on topic Compatibility list

Nerd wrote: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain crashes at launch just like Ground Zeroes :angry: . Even with other injectors.

Please make an injector for it, Crosire! You're my only hope.

I heard it glitchy without any injectors, probably bad port.

• SilentPrayerCG
More
8 years 7 months ago #428 by SilentPrayerCG Replied by SilentPrayerCG on topic Compatibility list
Resident Evil HD Remaster (i mean that pc version of version from game cube that remake of remake original RE1 from ps1)
work, but there is no z-buffer... sad... despite game using prerendered backgrounds, i think game still have some geometry in scene, it would be awesome if z-buffer is work...

• DeMondo
More
8 years 7 months ago #429 by DeMondo Replied by DeMondo on topic Compatibility list
STASIS:
store.steampowered.com/app/380150/
www.gog.com/game/stasis

ReShade v1.0.0 Injection via the standard procedure: not working
Solution: Inject ReShade via --> ENBinjector [ enbdev.com/download_injector_generic.htm ]
Edit enbinjector.ini: LibraryName=d3d9.dll .. ProcessName0=Stasis.exe
Disable: GemFX-AmbientLight
All other effects working [excluded: Ambient Occlusion]

• JBeckman
More
8 years 7 months ago #430 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Compatibility list
Mad Max

Compatible via dxgi.dll, as it's a 64-bit game use ReShade64.dll (Or let the configurator handle it.) however the game uses logarithmic depth so be sure to enable that if you want depth-buffer dependent effects to work correctly.
(Unsure if it's a bug with ReShade or something else but after playing for a while and toggling the depth display key again it'll display as pure white or pure black and have lost depth access, game only uses FXAA and I disabled that in favor for ReShade's SMAA shader.)

• SilentPrayerCG
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #431 by SilentPrayerCG Replied by SilentPrayerCG on topic Compatibility list

Kumbandit wrote:

SilentPrayerCG wrote: Resident Evil HD Remaster (i mean that pc version of version from game cube that remake of remake original RE1 from ps1)
work, but there is no z-buffer... sad... despite game using prerendered backgrounds, i think game still have some geometry in scene, it would be awesome if z-buffer is work...

You seem to have a lot of discrepancies with the game list, and they are mostly about depth... Are you sure you are not using graphic card's or in-game anti-aliasing (AA), as it breaks depth buffer output? Maybe using some other injecting software alongside ReShade?

EDIT: I don't mean RE HD, I mean previous posts :)

I just began check games that i played before (i think i'm played not very much games, and many of game that i played, i think dont have z-buffer (is most interesting part of reshade))
Usually i'm checking without ingame native AA, buy maybe in Diablo i'm fargot to disable ingame AA...
I'm don't use global settings for AA in driver. And i'm dont use another injector along with reshade in same game.

Lets check what i'm reported about.

Silent Hill 4 The Room - doesn't have ingame AA, and dont have legit options for enable it.

Condemnded, there is z-buffer, but it doesn't work stable, for some camera position (or maybe if player go in to some zone of level) it became white.
In begining of the game, when you step out of the car - there is white z-buffer, then when you go inside building, buffer become normal.
Then after investigation of dead body, you go in next room, and z-buffer become white again, and ficker between white and normal depend on camera.
It almost good, but...
There is bug in condemned, when shadows and sunlight become inverted, and start flickering. I have this glitch very long time ago, when game was just realesed.
I dont had it before i reinstalled windows, all was ok. About moth ago, i'm reinstall win (with same version) and now condemned again have glitchy soonlight/shadows. Maybe z-buffer instability caused by this glitch. I don't know why glitch happen, i'm trying google it, i found people with same issue, but not solution.
I'm also trying enable disable ingame AA, not affect, nor on glitch nor on z-buffer. And disable enable soft shadows (they little glitchy in this game/engine) - not helped.

Then Diablo III. Yes, i think i maybe fargot about ingame AA... i think i'll try one more time. Because i'm rembemer that when i go in menu when in middle of screen you can see your character, if in this menu enable z-buffer preview, it shows black character and white color in background. And i think, if i right remember diablo's ingame FXAA applies only on game, but not on menu.

And RE HD Remaster. I think there is just no z-buffer, they don't used it think in game, i'm dont remember depth based effects in this game. Probably if this game had z-buffer, it shows only characters or characters and gizmos that used for collisions in level.

---

I'm also checked few games with success. Literally few.
RE5 - is in game list, and said perfect - i't is, i think, all works ok.
and
Prototype 1 - also perfect. DOF for this game most appropriate effect, cause game has very far view distance, and nights with many bright spots (like cars light, and windows, ad stands in building) that create nice bokeh in distance, and not soil ability to view and target enemies.

--
ps

also right now i'm checked Silent Storm, long time ago i'm trying run this game whit sweetfx, but not works.
Game have in root folder d3d9.dll by default, and if switch this library with injector's d3d9.dll, game start saying - "Graphic card is not supported"
Now i'm tested with reshade, doesn't work with same message. I wonder if exist methot to do something with this.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by SilentPrayerCG.

• SilentPrayerCG
More
8 years 7 months ago #432 by SilentPrayerCG Replied by SilentPrayerCG on topic Compatibility list

Kumbandit wrote:

SilentPrayerCG wrote: Also right now i'm checked Silent Storm, long time ago i'm trying run this game whit sweetfx, but not works.
Game have in root folder d3d9.dll by default, and if switch this library with injector's d3d9.dll, game start saying - "Graphic card is not supported"
Now i'm tested with reshade, doesn't work with same message. I wonder if exist methot to do something with this

Try running the game witout any d3d9.dll in the game folder, if you get the same message then the game needs that file and can't be messed with. In that case, check if there is a bin folder, or try renaming reshade.dll to d3d8.dll (doubt it'll help but you can try), or if the game has option to choose rendered try that (like Far Cry 2). That is all I can think of for now...

No, still error, i think this game use modified version of d3dx9.dll.

PS
About diablo III. I'm checked again. And Diablo 3 doesnt have z-buffer.

Also when i changed language to, english to take screenshot with "☐ antialiasing", instead "☐ сглаживание", and then started game again, z-buffer become plain black, even in menu. (I dont think it is beacuse i change language... on other side... if launcher reload diablo.exe and replace previous version with version with other language, maybe it is a reason)

• NattyDread
More
8 years 7 months ago #433 by NattyDread Replied by NattyDread on topic Compatibility list
MGS5 works with ReShade 0.10.0 (thanks to Dr4Wm4N_ on sfx.thelazy.net), just tried it. Reshade64 set to dxgi. I even added the old standalone MasterEffect to it.

• SunBroDave
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #434 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic Compatibility list

NattyDread wrote: MGS5 works with ReShade 0.10.0 (thanks to Dr4Wm4N_ on sfx.thelazy.net), just tried it. Reshade64 set to dxgi. I even added the old standalone MasterEffect to it.

Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by SunBroDave.

• SilentPrayerCG
More
8 years 7 months ago #435 by SilentPrayerCG Replied by SilentPrayerCG on topic Compatibility list
Don't Starve Together Beta (steam version), work good. Despite this game is 3d (should be, 3d with textured planes as sprites) there is no usable data in z-buffer.
Other effects work perfectly.

• SilentPrayerCG
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #436 by SilentPrayerCG Replied by SilentPrayerCG on topic Compatibility list
Checked FEAR 3, steam version... Again... gamelist said - pefrect. But not, z-buffer is black, again. =_=
I'm didn't switched on native AA, and i tried switch off native AO, and tried launch game in windows/fullscreen - z-buffer is black...
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by SilentPrayerCG.

• JBeckman
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #437 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Compatibility list
Saw it listed in one of the presets on TheLazy that the actual issue with Elder Scrolls Online is not related to having extra folders in the bin folder but in actuality the games anti-cheat system has some form of behavior when it detects .h files and this is what causes the game to crash on start.

It takes a bit of work but renaming the .h file to something else such as .shader for example which is what I am using will work but you also have to open many of the utility.h files in notepad or similar and I think also ReShade.fx and in those change any references to .h to what you renamed the shader files to.

I do not really use the Mediator tool much but it should also be possible to set up a profile via that and have it load the game and this apparently works too as the shader files are in a different location and are loaded from there, I think it might actually have been mentioned earlier in this thread or one of the troubleshooting ESO threads come to think of it. :)
(I am using C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ReShade\ as the core folder for ReShade as a example, also gets around any potential UAC/permission conflicts with the Program Files folders.)

Good to finally know what the core issue with these crash problems actually was caused by and having a few different ways to effectively work around this.
(Switching the .h files and the references to these to something else or using a separate folder / mediator tool.)

Having the .h files renamed would not really work either as well .h is I believe the standard extension for these types of files and if changed the developers will eventually just update the games protection system to detect the new file extension as well.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by JBeckman. Reason: Minor corrections.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #438 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Compatibility list

JBeckman wrote: Having the .h files renamed would not really work either as well .h is I believe the standard extension for these types of files and if changed the developers will eventually just update the games protection system to detect the new file extension as well.

The standard is ".fxh" actually, so it might not be a bad idea to rename them in the future.

• FYKC
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #439 by FYKC Replied by FYKC on topic Compatibility list
Wasteland 2 Directors Cut is compatible with ReShade 1.0.0 using DXGI.dll - the depth buffer is flipped, though. 64-bit, by the way.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by FYKC.

• SilentPrayerCG
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #440 by SilentPrayerCG Replied by SilentPrayerCG on topic Compatibility list
Ok, i tried to use last reshade with skyrim. (Before this, i used sweetfx (old one, not 2.0) and GemFX, and they worked fine)
Now i got this bug with dynamic shadows:

I recorded this with clean installed skyrim (without SKSE and mods, to clean test).

Any ideas? In list said "z-depth is filcker" and, yes, it become white sometimes, but nothing about crazy shadows.

ps
found thread with simmilar issue reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/154-sol...disconnected-shadows
said solved
but if i understood right this defferedshadow=0 fix is semisolution. it kinda works, because shadows stop behave crazy, but some shading still glitching.

i recorded this

like some distant opacity or something start flicker. And it is not flicker when i disable d3d9.dll

sad... i wanted reshade skyrim a little...
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by SilentPrayerCG. Reason: update

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.