The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
[Reshade 3.1.0 - d3d9.dll]
Works. No depth buffer.
Note: Morrowind Graphics Extender (MGE) is required to be installed for Reshade to work. Reshade will say you need to install d3d8to9--DO NOT USE--it will break MGE and subsequently Reshade. Manually install Reshade (ctrl-click d3d9 when choosing api) and everything will work as it should.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Total War: Warhammer 1 works flawlessly with DX11 renamed to d3d11.dll. Ingame, turn off Anti Aliasing and Porthole Quality 3D for depth access, otherwise only the litte 3D character windows have depth. Tested with 3.1.1.
Seems Squad and PUBG has decided to ban ReShade use for now due to what some of the shader effects allows for.
Squad has an article up here with a zoom shader demonstration. - joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=254
EDIT: It's not a game ban or anything, EAC which these programs use for anti-cheat solutions will simply crash on start.
(Though this could mean updated versions of EAC will now do the same in other games.)
RS3 depth buffer fully working ?:
[ yes ( RS3 + depth buffer ) // no ( no RS3 possible at all ) // partial ( RS3 is working but no depth buffer ) ]
[ ► extra: some fixes ]
- Crossout [ 64-bit DX11 // MMO ]: RS3 is working but no depth buffer [ ► alternative: use the awesome nVidia Freestyle shaders ]
- Dead Rising Remastered [ 64-bit DX11 // Game Engine: Multi-Thread Framework ]: yes
- Dear Esther [ 32-bit DX9.0c // Game Engine: Source ]: yes << ! >> [ ► Fix: disable MSAA & type "r_drawvgui 0" into the console to disable the UI. This works for nearly all Source Engine games ]
- Deus Ex - Mankind Divided [ 64-bit DX11 // Game Engine: Dawn Engine ]: yes << ! >> [ ► Fix: for Win 7: ReShade 3 is working: Use nVIDIA Display Driver 376.33 [ 14 Dec 2016 ] [ newer ones will cause a crash with ReShade ] & isnt working with v378.92+ // ► Rename ReShade64.dll -> d3d11.dll [ dxgi.dll will cause a crash ] // ► To skip the launcher AND the intro videos: Steam Launch Option: -benchmark // ► Fix: for Win 8+: use Win 7 Compatibility Mode ]
- Homefront 2 - The Revolution [ 64-bit DX11 // Game Engine: CryEngine (4th generation) ]: yes // ► 4k Fix: change desktop res. to 4k before booting up the game
- Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak 2 [ 64-bit DX11 // Game Engine: Unity ]: ReShade depth buffer: working with standard resolution // but not with 4k res. // ► Ultra Wide Res. Fix: change desktop res. ( like 4k ) before firing up the game
- Need for Speed [ 2016 ] [ 64-bit DX11 // Game Engine: Frostbite 3 ]: yes [ in offline mode ! ]
- Need for Speed Payback [ 2018 ] [ 64-bit DX11 // Game Engine: Frostbite 3 ]: yes [ in offline mode ! ]
- >observer_ [ 64-bit DX11 // Game Engine: UE4 ]: RS3 is working but no depth buffer
It is uses an OpenGL renderer (though they programmed a D3D9 renderer to fall back to in case OpenGL 2.1+ is not supported by the video card). It just gives the error message "The application encountered an unexpected error." when I try to launch it after installing ReShade. Tried both OpenGL and Direct3D 9, tried ENBInjector w/ ENBSeries.dll (it doesn't do anything, I think ENB only works in D3D9 anyway and there's no way to force Starcraft to use that renderer).
Satellite Reign works with the official 3.1.2 release. Depth buffer access is restricted in Open GL, though. As the game offers a DX9 mode as well, use the respective dll. Depth buffer is not reversed but upside down.
Only issue: If you open the Reshade menu the camera will pan to the left automatically which can be annoying setting up shaders.
In the list of compatible games, simulator X-Plane 11 is having trouble closing. However, there are already several previous versions that this program has been presenting compatibility problems not allowing the game (X-Plane 11) to finish normally.
Half-Life 1, potentially all Gold Source games:
- Near perfect.
- Includes depth.
- Weird glitches with very specific shaders.
- Requires opengl32.dll file to be set as read-only, or the game will delete it on startup.
Surprised it's not on the list yet, but here goes:
Far Cry 5 (game ver 1.2) - works perfectly, hook is 64-bit dxgi, version 188.8.131.521, depth buffer requires RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=1 under settings and "copy depth before clearing" ticked under DX11 submenu(s), in-game AA shaders (SMAA and TAA) don't break the depth access at all