Compatibility list

• gypsythief
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #163 by gypsythief Replied by gypsythief on topic Compatibility list

Deriest wrote: Rift crashes after character selection. I tested with versions 11.1, 12, and 13.

I am happy to report that as of v14, Rift is running perfectly using ReShade 0.14.0, SweetFX 2.0 and the D3D9.dll hook; I've been playing for 4 hours now with out a single hiccup, glitch or crash.

Depth Buffer:

Pressing NumPad * gives me a plain light grey screen. However:

The Home Page wrote: No more waiting: ReShade provides a generic way to access both color and depth information (latter is automaticaly disabled during multiplayer to prevent exploitation), making your dreams come true.

Given that this is a multiplayer game, should I expect to see anything? If not, is there another way to test the depth buffer, or is all depth-related stuff disabled for multiplayer games?

Edit: forgot to mention that I had also tested with both anti-aliasing methods offered in game, Edge Smoothing and Supersampling, and they had no effect on ReShade / SweetFX: everything still worked fine.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by gypsythief.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JPulowski
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #164 by JPulowski Replied by JPulowski on topic Compatibility list
I found something interesting when playing with my monitor's gamma settings. As some of you already know Dying Light's depth buffer is completely black. But actually this is not the case:

In order to show depth buffer content I edited the images. So the depth buffer is not empty. This might be the case on some other games as well.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by JPulowski.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, NattyDread

• turboscalpeur
More
9 years 2 months ago #165 by turboscalpeur Replied by turboscalpeur on topic Compatibility list
Brother - A Tale of Two Sons - OpenGL32.dll?? is a d3d9.dll. Then all seems to be functioning (ReShade 0.14.0 + SweetFX 2.0 + MasterEffect ReBorn 1.0.340 installed on Win32).

Contrast working as well: d3d9.dll (Win32) - ReShade 0.14.0 + SweetFX 2.0 + MasterEffect ReBorn 1.0.340 installed. DepthBuffer Access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

• Omnipotus
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #166 by Omnipotus Replied by Omnipotus on topic Compatibility list
I've been busy with things the last few days, my bad, just got back and updated the Compatibility List with the newest findings from the community as well as a few of my own. :D

Added

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Ultimate Edition
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
The Scourge Project: Episode 1 and 2
The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav
Airship Dragoon
Alan Wake
Alien vs. Predator (2010)
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Alice: Madness Returns
Anomaly: Warzone Earth
BattleBlock Theater
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate HD
Banished
Brutal Legend
Costume Quest
Costume Quest 2
Disney Epic Mickey 2
DmC: Devil May Cry
Ether Vapor Remaster
F.E.A.R. 3
Call of Duty: World at War
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Gun Metal
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Omnipotus.

• strelokgunslinger
More
9 years 2 months ago #167 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic Compatibility list
@Omnipotus

You might want to add Dying Light [x64 / dxgi.dll]
my post: reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/87-c...-list?start=138#1181
JPulowski did more investigating for depth buffer, either its counted or partial or not working BUT NORMAL EFFECTS DO WORK:
reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/87-c...-list?start=162#1313

• Blackhand
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #168 by Blackhand Replied by Blackhand on topic Compatibility list
Reshade 0.14.0 - Gothic 3: 32 bit, hook: d3d9.dll, framebuffer access. Objects far away and the barrier around Vengard not visible in depthbuffer, but all other objects. I don't know to interpret this. Bad Performance due to low GPU Utilization, even @no effects. Maybe there is a CPU Overhead caused by Reshade? Classic SweetFX works without this loss.

And again:
Quake 3 is still not working for me, still nothing happens.
Titanfall hook is still wrong in the list. DXGI.dll is right.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Blackhand.

• Chonko
More
9 years 2 months ago #169 by Chonko Replied by Chonko on topic Compatibility list
A story about my uncle = GOOD / no depth buffer

• JPulowski
More
9 years 2 months ago #170 by JPulowski Replied by JPulowski on topic Compatibility list

strelokgunslinger wrote: @Omnipotus

You might want to add Dying Light [x64 / dxgi.dll]
my post: reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/87-c...-list?start=138#1181
JPulowski did more investigating for depth buffer, either its counted or partial or not working BUT NORMAL EFFECTS DO WORK:
reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/87-c...-list?start=162#1313

I did some further testing and I can confirm that ReShade successfully captures the depth buffer. The problem is depth buffer visualization, when linearizing depth buffer sometimes it is not accurate. Some other games might require further testing as well. When testing depth buffer, if depth visualization is empty use SMAA with depth edge detection to be sure.

Change SMAA_EDGE_DETECTION to 3. And SMAA_DEBUG_OUTPUT to 1. Then play with SMAA_THRESHOLD, if you see colorful edges that means the game has depth buffer output.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, NattyDread, klotim

• robgrab
More
9 years 2 months ago #171 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Compatibility list
I wonder how many other games have this issue. I remember when I first tried Condemned all I saw was a pure white screen. Normally I would have just quit and assumed nothing was there but I tried moving around in the game and eventually I could baaarely make out some light gray areas. Tweaking with the DoF settings I was finally able to achieve the perfect look.

• NattyDread
More
9 years 2 months ago #172 by NattyDread Replied by NattyDread on topic Compatibility list

JPulowski wrote: I found something interesting when playing with my monitor's gamma settings. As some of you already know Dying Light's depth buffer is completely black. But actually this is not the case:
In order to show depth buffer content I edited the images. So the depth buffer is not empty. This might be the case on some other games as well.

That's a great find! Crosire can we somehow modify the end and start point of the depth buffer for each game manually? To me it looks like that is the issue in this case.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #173 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Compatibility list

NattyDread wrote: Crosire can we somehow modify the end and start point of the depth buffer for each game manually? To me it looks like that is the issue in this case.

That's job of the shaders. The depth visualization in SweetFX allows to modify that by changing "z_near" and "z_far" in "Sweet.fx" for instance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NattyDread

• strelokgunslinger
More
9 years 2 months ago #174 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic Compatibility list

crosire wrote:

NattyDread wrote: Crosire can we somehow modify the end and start point of the depth buffer for each game manually? To me it looks like that is the issue in this case.

That's job of the shaders. The depth visualization in SweetFX allows to modify that by changing "z_near" and "z_far" in "Sweet.fx" for instance.

Quick tangent [you really need a pm system here :S]
Any chance you can start a reshade steam group so if people want to add each other they can easily?

• JPulowski
More
9 years 2 months ago #175 by JPulowski Replied by JPulowski on topic Compatibility list

strelokgunslinger wrote: Any chance you can start a reshade steam group so if people want to add each other they can easily?

There is already one available: steamcommunity.com/groups/SweetFX
The following user(s) said Thank You: Omnipotus

• tybalitea
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #176 by tybalitea Replied by tybalitea on topic Compatibility list
some games i've tested with the last version 0.14.0 :
Drakensang (d3d9.dll) works with depthbuffer access, and i think the sequel River of Time too :

http://i.imgur.com/lgoxQd2.png?1

Divinity 2 DKS (d3d9.dll), HDR needs to be disabled in the game menu to have depthbuffer :

http://i.imgur.com/tYD9RsF.png?1
http://i.imgur.com/rScYWrj.png?1

Hitman : blood money (d3d9.dll) works with depthbuffer too (0.13.2)
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by tybalitea. Reason: incomplete post, i've forgotten the hook
The following user(s) said Thank You: strelokgunslinger

• NattyDread
More
9 years 2 months ago #177 by NattyDread Replied by NattyDread on topic Compatibility list
I managed to get the depth buffer in Dying Light to look like this:

by using sfx only. I couldn't manage to get a greater depth than this.
Can someone with some coding skill take a look in master effect and see if something like this is doable there?

• robgrab
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #178 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Compatibility list
I retried all of these games using 0.14.0 and they work fine. All the previous issues remain though (i.e. System Shock 2: Depthbuffer is partly cleared when weapon is holstered.) Go ahead and update the list.

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - d3d9.dll
Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena - opengl32.dll
Condemned: Criminal Origins - d3d9.dll
Dead Space 3 - d3d9.dll
Psychonauts - d3d9.dll
Quake 4 - opengl32.dll
Resident Evil: Revelations - d3d9.dll
Saint's Row IV - dxgi.dll
System Shock 2 - d3d9.dll
TRON 2.0 - d3d9.dll
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by robgrab.

• strelokgunslinger
More
9 years 2 months ago #179 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic Compatibility list

robgrab wrote: I retried all of these games using 0.14.0 and they work fine. All the previous issues remain though (i.e. System Shock 2: Depthbuffer is partly cleared when weapon is holstered.) Go ahead and update the list.

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Dead Space 3
Psychonauts
Quake 4
Resident Evil: Revelations
Saint's Row IV
System Shock 2
TRON 2.0

Try to add the hook for each game

• turboscalpeur
More
9 years 2 months ago #180 by turboscalpeur Replied by turboscalpeur on topic Compatibility list
KillerIsDead Win32 || d3d9.dll || ReShade 0.14.0 + SweetFX 2.0 + MasterEffect ReBorn 1.0.340 || Success, DepthBuffer Access.

Limbo d3d9.dll || ReShade 0.14.0 + SweetFX 2.0 + MasterEffect ReBorn 1.0.340 || Success, DepthBuffer Access.

The Plan OPENGL32.dll || ReShade 0.14.0 + SweetFX 2.0 + MasterEffect ReBorn 1.0.340 || Success, DepthBuffer Access.

• robgrab
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #181 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Compatibility list

strelokgunslinger wrote: Try to add the hook for each game

Done. I updated my previous post.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by robgrab.

• FYKC
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #182 by FYKC Replied by FYKC on topic Compatibility list
Deus Ex Human Revolution with DirectX11 enabled works just fine with ReShade 0.14.0 using dxgi.dll. Depth buffer effects like SSAO and DoF don't work though. The shader toggle key functionality seems unresponsive as well.

E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy works with ReShade 0.14.0 using d3d9.dll. Depth buffer effects don't work, though. You need to install ReShade into the /bin/ folder located within the games root folder.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by FYKC.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.