Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Compatibility list

Compatibility list 3 years 5 months ago #403

Reshade 0.19.0 + Framework

Need For speed 3: Hot Porsuit - Perfect!!!! all features working!!!

but it needs some minor procedures to work:

1) Install the game using Need for Speed Modern Edition ;
2) Download and drop Dgvoodoo files in the game main folder for convert Glide calls to d3d11 (Copy glide's dlls inside 3dfx folder to main game directory);
3) Run the game in windows 7 compatibility. Quit Game;
4) after that, the game creates some keys that should be edited in the windows registry;
5) window key + r and type regedit. Look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Need For Speed III
6) set "Group" = "3Dfx" and "Thrash Driver" = "voodoo2". Make sure d3d device is "0" and hrdware Acceleration should already be set at "1"
DONE

***Sometimes the game crashes on load screen. So it is advisable to set the dgvoodoo to run in windowed mode.

Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by alien41.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Compatibility list 3 years 5 months ago #404

SunBroDave wrote:
PPSSPP Emulator, opengl32.dll, crashes on start
Fallout 3, d3d9.dll, no depthbuffer access
Fallout: New Vegas, d3d9.dll, no depthbuffer access

As for Fallout: New Vegas I believe it somewhat works now but the depth buffer (with just the gun) is inverted? Its listed as perfect in the compat list but Its actually quite inconsistent. You either have to live with just the fps hands or have everything else but it won't update. (blur stays in the exact same position). The last screenshot is ideally the effect you would want (Without the shimmer) but it seems to not update.

Here are some interesting screenshots:
a.1339.cf/wyjoii.png
a.1339.cf/prjoti.png

Was messing with debug
a.1339.cf/pnbmbp.png
a.1339.cf/kdivwo.png (It seemed to stay in place)
a.1339.cf/zlsiiz.png (debug off, keeping camera still. Can see the edges around the tree)

I can't seem to get anything quite right.
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Evolution0.

Compatibility list 3 years 5 months ago #405

Reshade 0.19.2

Driver (1999) - Perfect!!! All features Working. Use Dgvoodoo to convert glide to d3d11. Game use DXGI.

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay - All features working but performance is very poor. I got only 28 fps (with reshade disabled I got 390+ fps). Game use Opengl32.dll.

Compatibility list 3 years 5 months ago #406

Space Engineers does not have depth buffer access for the DX11 version.

Would this warrant a change to good, instead of perfect?

Compatibility list 3 years 5 months ago #407

Moonkey wrote:

The DX9 version seems to have depth buffer access: reshade.me/forum/search?query=Space%20Engineers&childforums=1.
Cheers, crosire =)
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by crosire.

Compatibility list 3 years 5 months ago #408

crosire wrote:
Moonkey wrote:

The DX9 version seems to have depth buffer access: reshade.me/forum/search?query=Space%20Engineers&childforums=1.
Yes, I've been using this for now when using ReShade for DOF and such, but just wondering if the missing depth buffer access for the DX11 version would change that to good instead of perfect. I thought it was guaranteed to work since it said perfect, but I came to find out it was just for DX9, which performs worse than the DX11 version of the game for me :P

Edit: Unless I'm mistaken and that if at least one version is working perfectly, it just needs to be stated that the DX9 version only works, and be left at perfect?
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Moonkey.

Compatibility list 3 years 5 months ago #409

Moonkey wrote:
Yes, I've been using this for now when using ReShade for DOF and such, but just wondering if the missing depth buffer access for the DX11 version would change that to good instead of perfect. I thought it was guaranteed to work since it said perfect, but I came to find out it was just for DX9, which performs worse than the DX11 version of the game for me :P

Edit: Unless I'm mistaken and that if at least one version is working perfectly, it just needs to be stated that the DX9 version only works, and be left at perfect?
Ah, I see. I'll add that notice =).
Cheers, crosire =)

Compatibility list 3 years 5 months ago #410

Mass Effect doesn't provide depth buffer access. However, I enabled GeDoSaTo ambient occlusion by setting the zBufCompatibilityFlag to 6. (In GeDoSaTo)
Would it be possible to implement this work-around in reshade?

edit: i'm gonna go ahead and research to see what this actually does.
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by LegoPepper.

Compatibility list 3 years 5 months ago #411

LegoPepper wrote:
It stops the game from clearing the depth buffer (which is why it doesn't work, ReShade probably does grab the correct buffer, but the game clears it before presenting the image). But doing this on a general level is dangerous, it messes up rendering in other games, so ReShade doesn't do it.
Cheers, crosire =)
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LegoPepper

Compatibility list 3 years 5 months ago #412

crosire wrote:
LegoPepper wrote:
I stops the game from clearing the depth buffer (which is why it doesn't work, ReShade probably does grab the correct buffer, but the game clears it before presenting the image). But doing this on a general level is dangerous, it messes up rendering in other games, so ReShade doesn't do it.
ah okay,
yeah I just noticed it screws up the dialogue and cutscenes. Thanks for clearing that up though

Compatibility list 3 years 5 months ago #413

alien41 wrote:
Reshade 0.19.2

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay - All features working but performance is very poor. I got only 28 fps (with reshade disabled I got 390+ fps). Game use Opengl32.dll.

Try option 3 in the depth of field general settings, Matso's DoF is pretty demanding, hope it helps with FPS :)

Compatibility list 3 years 5 months ago #414

Galaxy on Fire 2 HD - works great, all systems green, hook is 32-bit d3d9.dll

Compatibility list 3 years 5 months ago #415

crosire wrote:
LegoPepper wrote:
It stops the game from clearing the depth buffer (which is why it doesn't work, ReShade probably does grab the correct buffer, but the game clears it before presenting the image). But doing this on a general level is dangerous, it messes up rendering in other games, so ReShade doesn't do it.
Does this mean depth buffer-based effects will never work on games that clear the depth buffer? If so, damn I dream of injecting bokeh into Mass Effect.
EDIT: Nvidia did somehow manage to implement SSAO into ME1, the same works with ME3 as well through Nvidia Inspector but not with ME2. What kind of sorcery did they do to make this possible?
Likes to reinvent the wheel.

My shaders repository: www.github.com/luluco250/FXShaders
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by luluco250. Reason: Added some additional commentary

Compatibility list 3 years 5 months ago #416

luluco250 wrote:
Nvidia did somehow manage to implement SSAO into ME1, the same works with ME3 as well through Nvidia Inspector but not with ME2. What kind of sorcery did they do to make this possible?
Simple, they can do game specific adjustments to make things work. ReShade is generic and designed to be not game specific, so it can't.
Cheers, crosire =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Merpitymerp

Compatibility list 3 years 5 months ago #417

crosire wrote:
Simple, they can do game specific adjustments to make things work. ReShade is generic and designed to be not game specific, so it can't.
I see, I guess that's another incentive to make me learn how to modify games this way, which seems so hard.
Likes to reinvent the wheel.

My shaders repository: www.github.com/luluco250/FXShaders

Compatibility list 3 years 5 months ago #418

It's a bit like with ENB I'd imagine (Code specific to a particular game allowing for greater customization.) though here Nvidia has the advantage of going via the display driver whereas ENB and also ReShade would have to go via the software API of either DirectX and OpenGL, can't answer on how much that would limit things but it surely must make it more restrictive and complicated.
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by JBeckman.

Compatibility list 3 years 4 months ago #419

just tried dirty bomb hook 32b dxgi.dll v0.19.0 and XIGNCODE detect reshade giving me a log and close the game
using 0.19.2 is ok
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by ninjafada.

Compatibility list 3 years 4 months ago #420

"Treasure Planet - Battle at Procyon": Works great, all systems green, hook is 32-bit d3d8.dll

Compatibility list 3 years 4 months ago #421

Prince of Persia 2: Warrior Within - The game compatibility list says perfect, and everything does work, but I can't use the switch, I even tried changing the corresponding button for the switch but no good, I don't know if anyone else has the same problem? Cheers.

Compatibility list 3 years 4 months ago #422

Transformers: The game - Depth buffer exists only in the menus and when paused (pause menu covers only part of the screen and the game objects receive depth), but while playing actively it disappears, with the exception of HUD compass (it gets maximum distance, white color in the output), don't know if it can be fixed somehow :( :( :(
Hook is 32-bit d3d9.dll