Compatibility list

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #403 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Compatibility list

Moonkey wrote: Space Engineers does not have depth buffer access for the DX11 version.

Would this warrant a change to good, instead of perfect?

The DX9 version seems to have depth buffer access: reshade.me/forum/search?query=Space%20Engineers&childforums=1 .
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by crosire.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moonkey
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #404 by Moonkey Replied by Moonkey on topic Compatibility list

crosire wrote:

Moonkey wrote: Space Engineers does not have depth buffer access for the DX11 version.

Would this warrant a change to good, instead of perfect?

The DX9 version seems to have depth buffer access: reshade.me/forum/search?query=Space%20Engineers&childforums=1 .

Yes, I've been using this for now when using ReShade for DOF and such, but just wondering if the missing depth buffer access for the DX11 version would change that to good instead of perfect. I thought it was guaranteed to work since it said perfect, but I came to find out it was just for DX9, which performs worse than the DX11 version of the game for me :P

Edit: Unless I'm mistaken and that if at least one version is working perfectly, it just needs to be stated that the DX9 version only works, and be left at perfect?
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Moonkey.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #405 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Compatibility list

Moonkey wrote: Yes, I've been using this for now when using ReShade for DOF and such, but just wondering if the missing depth buffer access for the DX11 version would change that to good instead of perfect. I thought it was guaranteed to work since it said perfect, but I came to find out it was just for DX9, which performs worse than the DX11 version of the game for me :P

Edit: Unless I'm mistaken and that if at least one version is working perfectly, it just needs to be stated that the DX9 version only works, and be left at perfect?

Ah, I see. I'll add that notice =).

• LegoPepper
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #406 by LegoPepper Replied by LegoPepper on topic Compatibility list
Mass Effect doesn't provide depth buffer access. However, I enabled GeDoSaTo ambient occlusion by setting the zBufCompatibilityFlag to 6. (In GeDoSaTo)
Would it be possible to implement this work-around in reshade?

edit: i'm gonna go ahead and research to see what this actually does.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by LegoPepper.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #407 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Compatibility list

LegoPepper wrote: edit: i'm gonna go ahead and research to see what this actually does.

It stops the game from clearing the depth buffer (which is why it doesn't work, ReShade probably does grab the correct buffer, but the game clears it before presenting the image). But doing this on a general level is dangerous, it messes up rendering in other games, so ReShade doesn't do it.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LegoPepper

• LegoPepper
More
8 years 9 months ago #408 by LegoPepper Replied by LegoPepper on topic Compatibility list

crosire wrote:

LegoPepper wrote: edit: i'm gonna go ahead and research to see what this actually does.

I stops the game from clearing the depth buffer (which is why it doesn't work, ReShade probably does grab the correct buffer, but the game clears it before presenting the image). But doing this on a general level is dangerous, it messes up rendering in other games, so ReShade doesn't do it.

ah okay,
yeah I just noticed it screws up the dialogue and cutscenes. Thanks for clearing that up though

• luluco250
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #409 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic Compatibility list

crosire wrote:

It stops the game from clearing the depth buffer (which is why it doesn't work, ReShade probably does grab the correct buffer, but the game clears it before presenting the image). But doing this on a general level is dangerous, it messes up rendering in other games, so ReShade doesn't do it.

Does this mean depth buffer-based effects will never work on games that clear the depth buffer? If so, damn I dream of injecting bokeh into Mass Effect.
EDIT: Nvidia did somehow manage to implement SSAO into ME1, the same works with ME3 as well through Nvidia Inspector but not with ME2. What kind of sorcery did they do to make this possible?
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by luluco250. Reason: Added some additional commentary

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #410 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Compatibility list

luluco250 wrote: Nvidia did somehow manage to implement SSAO into ME1, the same works with ME3 as well through Nvidia Inspector but not with ME2. What kind of sorcery did they do to make this possible?

Simple, they can do game specific adjustments to make things work. ReShade is generic and designed to be not game specific, so it can't.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Merpitymerp

• luluco250
More
8 years 9 months ago #411 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic Compatibility list

crosire wrote: Simple, they can do game specific adjustments to make things work. ReShade is generic and designed to be not game specific, so it can't.

I see, I guess that's another incentive to make me learn how to modify games this way, which seems so hard.

• JBeckman
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #412 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Compatibility list
It's a bit like with ENB I'd imagine (Code specific to a particular game allowing for greater customization.) though here Nvidia has the advantage of going via the display driver whereas ENB and also ReShade would have to go via the software API of either DirectX and OpenGL, can't answer on how much that would limit things but it surely must make it more restrictive and complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by JBeckman.

• ninjafada
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #413 by ninjafada Replied by ninjafada on topic Compatibility list
just tried dirty bomb hook 32b dxgi.dll v0.19.0 and XIGNCODE detect reshade giving me a log and close the game
using 0.19.2 is ok
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by ninjafada.

• ReQuest
More
8 years 8 months ago #414 by ReQuest Replied by ReQuest on topic Compatibility list
Dungeon Siege III totaly not work, ive try everything...

• Ghanth
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #415 by Ghanth Replied by Ghanth on topic Compatibility list

papabrowman wrote: L.A noire has full depthbuffer access, all features work on it and they tend to be perfect!
please add it to compatibility section.

Greetings!
well, not working for me. The Dx9 Reshade's hook makes L.A Noire to crash at startup. I have nvidia Gfx 780 and drivers up to date with Reshade 0.19.2 files...
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Ghanth. Reason: more "on-topic" post ;)

• SilentPrayerCG
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #416 by SilentPrayerCG Replied by SilentPrayerCG on topic Compatibility list
I checked Silent Hill 4 The Room
and Silent Hill Homecoming

The Room is glitching, some textures and text output rendered with offset (shifted in right and down)

Also no z-depth.

Silent Hill Homecoming work fine (if you managed start it, at all :)), but also there is no z-depth output, only black with occasionally white lines.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by SilentPrayerCG.

• Capostrophic
More
8 years 7 months ago #417 by Capostrophic Replied by Capostrophic on topic Compatibility list
OpenMW-OSG (and Morrowind resources, if exactly) engine works perfectly with ReShade, there is only one problem — depth buffer has no UI in it. This means that all games that would run through OpenMW (including Morrowind) will work fine with ReShade.

Poor example, I know. :/

• Moonkey
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #418 by Moonkey Replied by Moonkey on topic Compatibility list
I confirm Space Engine has an open depth buffer and is compatible with DoF, RBM, and AO in the latest ReShade build!

(DOF and RBM enabled!)
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Moonkey.

• Ghanth
More
8 years 7 months ago #419 by Ghanth Replied by Ghanth on topic Compatibility list
For those interested, I've found out that the Steam's overlay was causing ReShade to Crash.
Bug fix workaround - HOW TO :
  • open Steam and make sure your steam's overlay is unchecked in your options dialog
  • delete the file SteamOverlayRenderer.dll (located in your Steam root folder) while the steam client is opened
  • launch game with ReShade
...should work
cheers

• SilentPrayerCG
More
8 years 7 months ago #420 by SilentPrayerCG Replied by SilentPrayerCG on topic Compatibility list
Trying Condemned: Criminal Origins.
Game list said - perfect
But it isn't. Z-Depth render properly only sometimes. In some locations game give white image in Z-Depth. Sometimes White Z-Depth appear depend from camera. It is very glitchy. Also FPS hands and body render out of z-buffer, and they always black and dont blend with rest of surfaces and object, i think because FPS body and arms render over main frame.

• Moonkey
More
8 years 7 months ago #421 by Moonkey Replied by Moonkey on topic Compatibility list
Vagante v23a works with ReShade OpenGL32. However, ingame the effects are stuck on an endless loop of compiling and never reach "Success!".
The effects work in the main menu, and in the 'lobby'. Of course, no depth buffer since it is a 2D game :P

• Steiner
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #422 by Steiner Replied by Steiner on topic Compatibility list
Which conditions are there to report a game as perfectly working in contrast to good? Is the only difference a recognized depth buffer or should all shaders work as well?
I have encountered some games with a working depth buffer, but some shaders like Ambient Occlusion or DOF still look bugged.

Anyway, here are some games that I tested with Reshade 1.0:

Anno 1404: works perfectly with d3d9.dll
Men of War: works with d3d9.dll, Depth Buffer is recognized but the Ambient Occlusion Shader does not work correctly, no matter how I configure it.
Alien Swarm: Works, d3d9.dll, no depth buffer, all reshade files have to be installed into \bin
Colin McRae: Dirt: d3d9.dll, works perfectly
Age of Empires II: HD Edition: d3d9.dll, works perfectly
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition: d3d9.dll, works perfectly
Two Worlds: d3d9.dll, works perfectly
War for the Overworld: opengl32.dll,works but depth buffer is flipped upside-down. Anyelse ever had this issue?
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Steiner.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.